what shafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what shafts?

My Brother Jsut Got A Recurve And He Wants To Shoot A Pig. He Jsut Needs To Know What Shaft To Shoot. He Is Shooting A 45#@ 28" Ben Pearson Recurve. Can You Guys Help?

You would probably be better served by posting this in the traditional forum - I am new to the trad game - but I would recommend the Red Head arrows - they cost something like 45 bucks a dozen - probably the 3555's with a heavy brass insert(get these at 3Rivers Archery) and a 125 grain head should suffice. Again I am very new to the traditional game so I may be way off base but those are good cheap arrows and are what I shoot out of my 50# recurve.

Good luck to your brother on stickin a pig.

Comment

Victory VForce 200's or 300's www.victoryarchery.com

Comment

I shoot Gold Tip 35/55's, left full length (30") with 100 gr. brass insert and 125 grain tip (225 total up front) and they fly great. He will need to tune the arrows, whatever he gets, to his bow, shooting style, and release. At any rate, I think the GT 35/55's are a great place to start. You can get blems pretty cheap and they are some kind of durable. I tend to be very hard on arrow shafts and I have only broken two of these in two years of shooting...one was a defect.

Oh and I am shooting those out of a 45#@28" recurve and a 48#@28" longbow...great results
        Last edited by duck'n; 05-24-2007, 03:26 PM.

Comment

good luck

Comment

Arrow Dynamics Traditionals. The Lites or the standards. Tapered Carbons. One of the most forgiving shafts I have ever shot an butt tough. They flew like darts off of my 46# Tomahawk...

Comment

Working...
            X