Found My Chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found My Chance

My Little Bro Is 13 Years Younger Than Me. He Got His First Recurve And He And My Middle Brother Drove Down From Cleburne To Stay The Weekend. While They Were Down They Were Shooting Their Recurves So I Decided To Give It A Shot. I Really Enjoyed It And I Was Looking To Buy One. He Being So Young We Really Never Got To Bond With Me Joining The Military And Being Stationed Over Seas And 2 Tours In Iraq. While I Was Shooting I Realized We Were Actually Found A Happy Medium( He Being New To Archery And Me Being A Compound Shooter) In That I Knew I Had To Get One. So We Could Learn And Track Progress Todether. Im Looking For One Just As A Backyard Shooter And Maybe One Day Hunt With. I Really Dont Want To Spend Alot Of Money Just Want To Have Fun With It. I Need To Know Where Should I Start Looking For One At And For A Old One What Is A Good Price?
    I Understand About Twisted Limbs And Defects, Maybe Yall Can Help Me Out. When I Do Get It I Think That We Will Spending Alot Of Time In The Back Yard This Summer. Thanks For Looking.

What are you looking for in a bow?

As to the draw weight, length, recurve or longbow, take down or one piece, poundage?

I have a few laying around and I need to clear the space, I have three that are in the glue up stage and the wife keeps count.

Comment

Hey Thanks For Replying 40-50lbs (i Guess) Maybe 56-64 Inches Long It Doesnt Really Matter About What Kind Like I Said I Just Want To Have Some Fun Woth It. Thanks

Comment

Oh Man I Just Saw Some Of Your Bows !!nice!! Maybe A Little Too Nice For Me.

Comment

I am going to finish up a experment in a few days, if it is not what I expect your welcome to try it...

It is a bamboo backed (zebrawood) reflex deflex longbow 64", it will be a few days, hopefully someone might have something for you sooner. I am assuming your righthanded?

Comment

yep im a righty and i really appreciate it. pm me a rough price for some of your work

Comment

ttt

Comment

does anyone else have any ideas or information.

Comment

You can find a good used recurve for $100 or less. I just posted on Tradgang a couple weeks ago to find a bow for my brother and I was inundated with offers. We ended up getting him a super clean Wards (Ben Pearson) recurve...45#@28" and 58" oal. We paid $80 shipped and my brother is in hog heaven. I still have my old Bear with the same specs and I shoot it quite often. Until I got my new 48# longbow, I would shoot the 45# Bear and really concentrate/work on form. It helped carry over to my hunting bow...a 58# longbow. Also, if you find one of the old Bears for example...you have not only a great practice bow but also a great bowfishing bow. Besides, a well tuned arrow with a good, sharp 2 blade head will punch right through a deer and will kill most hogs...might have a little trouble with the big bruisers but you will be surprised...I know I was. Good luck...shooting with family is absolutely the best. I had the best time shooting with my brother a couple weeks back and am very excited that he has picked up the bow.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

duckn' got ya headed in the right direction bro! Tradgang...stickbow.com are two of the best.
                      Im thinking of starting a trad only shop here and would like to carry a few used LBs and Recurves in it..I need a side avenue at my age

Comment

Thanks Ls. Not Sure If You Would Know But Would Buying A Bow That Someone Said Needs To Be Refinished Be A Good Idea If I Have Never Refinished One? Sounds Kinda Dumb Is It A Long Process?

Comment

Is There People That Can Tiller Down A Bow Blank If I Ran Into One Of Those?

Comment

sent you a PM.

Comment

Sent One Back..............thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X