Burris scope issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burris scope issue

I have a Burris Signature Series 6x24x44 with the ballistic mil dot.
    i guess it is "maxed" out and i cant get it zeroed.
    I emailed Burris and they said i will need their signature rings because they have some sort of posi inserts or something.
    Is anyone familiar with this issue? is the scope worth saving and investing in these rings? i've had a gunsmith/shop try to sight it in and they were unable.
    any input would be appreciated

Thanks
    David

Not with a burris scope, buy i had a rifle with a old leupold scope that i couldn't zero because it was maxed out. I bought the burris signature rings with the inserts and it took care of the problem

Comment

What rifle is it on?

I put a Bushnell engage on my savage B22. Ran out of adjustment before I could get it zeroed at 50yds.

It’s just a 22, so I took a couple pieces of electrical tape and payed it in the bottom of the rear ring. Put the scope back on and torqued everything down, I went a little light on the rear ring cap screws. Worked like a champ, got it zeroed at 50yds and it hasn’t lost zero in the 2 years I’ve been using it even when running around in the side by side.

Comment

Windage or elevation?

Comment

I’m not familiar with those Burris rings, but a scope shouldn’t need special rings, as long as they are quality.

Something in your setup is messed up. Whether it’s the scope, rings, mount, or rifle I couldn’t tell you without more pics or info.

I’d go through and double check everything on your mount and rings. If that doesn’t fix the issue, I’d throw the scope on another rifle and see if it has the same issue. That should narrow things down a little bit.

Is the scope still under warranty?

Comment

Burris Signature Posi-align rings are legit. I have several pair that serve 2 purposes. The plastic insert prevents your scope tube from getting scratched, marred up. They also have different size inserts to fix scopes that are out of elevation adjustment

The Burris CS guy likely recommended them since you’re out of adjustment

What rings & bases are you currently using ?

Personally, I’d take everything off and remount the scope. Make sure your scope is perfectly centered …. Click all the way left, slowly click right and count. If there are 100 clicks, then 50 clicks will be the center point. Do the same for windage. Find your center and go from there.

Realistically, you only need 1 shot to find and adjust for your rifles ZERO.

Comment

I have a ruger 77/22wmr I could not get several leupolds to zero on. I was steered towards the burris posi rings and they fixed it up. Not ideal to not have the factory ruger rings on the rifle as it looks better but at least I'm hitting where I aim at.

Comment

it was on a 25-06, i put DNZ rings on it.
                Dury's in San Antonio tried the second time and couldn't get it zeroed. I emailed Burris and they said find a gunsmith that if familiar with Burris rings and try the Posi align rings.

Thats where I'm at right now.
                I just wasn't sure if that was a legit answer from them...but sounds like it may do the trick.
                I personally didn't try and sight it in, the first time i had a buddy do it, he has the time and the set up.

Comment

Precision engineered from high grade aluminium with rounded edges prevent scope damage. Adjustable Elevation - Compensation Of +/- 30 MOA. High - To Accommodate Larger Objective Scopes. Double Torx Screws To Hold Your Scope Firmly In Place. Fitted With A Recoil Stop Pin. Reversible Dove Tail Clamp That Fits 9-11mm And 3/8 Inch. Internal Cushion Tape Prevents Marking And Damage. High Grade Aluminium Anodized In Matte Black

Comment

DNZ rings? Pretty well bottom of the barrel on cheap **** there…. You gonna be pretty out of whack to not get a zero unless you have 50+ MOA built into the rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You need to mechanically rezero the windage and elevation turrets and start over. You shouldn't run out of elevation or windage zeroing at normal distances unless it's a base or ring issue.

What distance are you trying to sight in at?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
                        DNZ rings? Pretty well bottom of the barrel on cheap **** there…. You gonna be pretty out of whack to not get a zero unless you have 50+ MOA built into the rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I put a Vortex scope on that same rifle with those same cheap **** dnz rings and had it dialed in at 100 yds in less than 10 rds.

I will just try the Burris Posi Rings for this particular Burris scope.

Comment

I have a set of the Burris Rings I will sell. I'm pretty sure they are medium.
                          Last edited by Stan R; 05-10-2023, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I only run Burris signature rings. The tactical xtr signature rings are bullet proof. Highest torque specs I have ever seen.

Comment

I have been running 2 sets of the Burris xtr signature. A 223 at almost 1800 rounds and a 6.5 prc at a little over 400 rounds, They have been solid so far. They are heavy. Inserts secure your scope and protect it at the same time. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                              X