Redfield Scopes Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Redfield Scopes Question

Does anyone know if a Scope like the old Redfield "Widefield" Scope is available any longer. I know Redfield sold out a few years ago. I would prefer something in the Leopold line if I could get it. Thanks!

I don't think so. Leupold bought the rights to the Redfield name several years ago and began manufacturing binoculars and scopes like the Redfield Revolution, Revenge, and Rebel models. A couple of years ago Leupold sold the Redfield brand to Academy Sports & Outdoors, and since then Acdemy has been selling Redfield optics. My understanding is Leupold will honor warranty issues involving optics sold prior to the Academy take-over, and Academy handles the warranty claims for those optics sold post Academy take-over.

Comment

I think I have a couple wideviews in my vintage scope collection… I’ll check…

Comment

I think I am going to buy a Leopold VX Freedom 350 Legend 3 x 9 40 mm Scope. Going to put it in a Winchester Model 100 .308 Semi-Auto that was passed down to me from my Grandfather.
        Last edited by MtnMike; 04-25-2023, 08:54 PM.

Comment

I did find 2 wideviews, a 2-7x Duplex reticle manufactured c. 1972-1976 and is 97% and a 3-9x Lo Pro Accutrac reticle c. 1977-1984 with Butler Creek scope covers - is 90+%. Both are very nice. But you can’t go wrong with a Leupold.

Comment

Working...
          X