Pulled some bullet today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulled some bullet today

Since moving into our new house I finally used my “reloading room” for its intended purpose other than storing Man stuff.
    I had some 140 grain SP’s that didn’t shoot to well with 6.5-300 wby factory ammo. So I took a box and pulled the bullets and loaded some 129 grain SST’s. I had some that I had already loaded but decided to load a whole box.
    Last time I tried them they shot pretty good.

Help me understand the process
    I’ve got some hand loads that i used some powder i had, not necessarily what i wanted to use on some rounds.
    Assuming pretty simple. Special tool to pull bullet, pour old/unwanted powder out, pour new charge in, seat the new/desired bullet and go?
    Thanks

Comment

Pretty much what I did. I have a kinetic bullet puller. Like a hammer.

Comment

I put one of those foam ear plugs in the bottom of the hammer to keep from damaging the bullet points when they come out so they can be reused

Comment

You’ll need a collet puller if you want to rerun the powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            You’ll need a collet puller if you want to rerun the powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Why?

Comment

I need to find out which powder that particular round was loaded with. Looked like US869 but I don’t know for sure. It was only loaded with 88.5 grains with 3 rounds that I weighed. It was too bad that round didn’t shoot well cause it was considerably less. I know with my .257 Weatherby the 100 grain Spitzers rounds that were considered Weatherby’s inexpensive round was and since I bought several boxes still is a really good performer.

Comment

Working...
              X