Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have 600-900$ to snag a threaded 243…. Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have 600-900$ to snag a threaded 243…. Which one?

Mauser M18 is a lot of gun for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      Tikka T3X. I have the Super Lite in 243 Win and it has become my favorite rifle. I load the Barnes 80 gr TTSX for it and accuracy is sub MOA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my Bergara’s a lot. But I traded for a 7mag t3 superlite. It might be the most accurate gun I own. I’d def own more of them when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
        I like my Bergara’s a lot. But I traded for a 7mag t3 superlite. It might be the most accurate gun I own. I’d def own more of them when the time comes.

Yep. I wish I would have discovered Tikka a number of years ago.

Comment

Tikka and Bergara are great rifles, no doubt. However, they are not at the price point that I consider a “truck gun”. They are at the price point that if they get beat up, my heart will hurt.

I’ve got a Ruger American Predator in 308. It’s a tack driver and I got it with the sole purpose that when it DOES get beat up… my heart doesn’t hurt. It’s my utility do everything rifle and it is great for the price point you can get them.

An American Predator in 243 is what I’d suggest. If you want a light trigger you can Polish the trigger and sear engagement surfaces with a cloth dremel wheel and some mothers mag, and do the trigger spring mod where you replace the tension screw spring with one from a ball point pen. That’s all I’ve don’t with mine and I love it for what it is.

Comment

16” Ruger American .243
            Boyds stock

Comment

I was in the same boat as you not long ago. Searched high and low and finally found my all around gun. Put NV on it and been shooting yotes with it. Shoots Federal Fusions lights out. I highly recommend this rifle.

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...ets/36923.html

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

BTW, if you go this route, I highly recommend a Glades Armory bolt handle and purchasing the Ruger Predator AI mag well plate from Ruger ($20) so you can use Magpul or AI 10 round mags.

Comment

Double post
                  Last edited by Txarrowhunter; 04-18-2023, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crash8005 View Post
                    I was in the same boat as you not long ago. Searched high and low and finally found my all around gun. Put NV on it and been shooting yotes with it. Shoots Federal Fusions lights out. I highly recommend this rifle.

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...ets/36923.html

I didn’t realize they made a go wild compact.

I amend my American Predator suggestion. The go wild with the shorter threaded barrel would be my choice.

Just saw they make a 25-06 go wild as well… hmmmm.

Comment

Working...
                    X