Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have 600-800$ to snag a threaded 243…. Which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a truck gun there’s no sense in spending more for same results accuracy wise. Just my .02
    No question ruger American definitely takes this spot.
    I’m sure many will agree that the higher the price the more care usually taken…

Comment

Yep truck gun go cheap

If results are the same, no need spending the extra. Use that for a suppressor

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
        For a truck gun there’s no sense in spending more for same results accuracy wise. Just my .02

To each their own, but there’s a lot more to rifle quality than just being accuracy. With today’s CNC technology, it’s not hard to build an accurate rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
          To each their own, but there’s a lot more to rifle quality than just being accuracy. With today’s CNC technology, it’s not hard to build an accurate rifle.
          Well we all know that’s true. I guess what I was trying to say is what will the ridge do better over the American used as a cheap truck gun? The factory ruger American trigger can be taken down to 1.75# with a $5 spring from amazon. I’m not arguing quality. I’m arguing capability for intended purposes. Not much can be said when a $3000+ rifle outshoots a $500 rifle…but when it’s other way around we all know it’s laughable.

Comment

CVA scout or other CVA made by Bergara

Comment

Originally posted by Txarrowhunter View Post
              Well we all know that’s true. I guess what I was trying to say is what will the ridge do better over the American used as a cheap truck gun? The factory ruger American trigger can be taken down to 1.75# with a $5 spring from amazon. I’m not arguing quality. I’m arguing capability for intended purposes. Not much can be said when a $3000+ rifle outshoots a $500 rifle…but when it’s other way around we all know it’s laughable.

They’ll both do the job just fine for 90% of people. It really just comes down to how important the smoothness of the action, triggers, stock quality, etc is to you and how much you’re willing to pay for that.

Like I said earlier, the Americans are great for what they are, but the actions are pretty rough, Tupperware stocks are awful, and the triggers still have a ton of creep even after swapping springs.

The Bergara has a lot smoother action, a much more solid stock, and a decent trigger. (I’d still swap it out, but it’s a lot better factory trigger than the Rugers)

I’m admittedly pretty picky on this kind of stuff, so I certainly think it’s worth the upgrade, but it may not be important to the next guy.

Comment

Bergara action and triggers are smooth but they really are a gamble on whether they’ll shoot or not.
                Ruger Americans are cheap but man they shoot so the predator with a mcarbo trigger spring is a great option.

Personally I’d just get a tikka t3x and have it chopped down to 20” and threaded. Might be slightly over budget after the cut and thread job

Comment

Originally posted by kkp005 View Post
                  Bergara action and triggers are smooth but they really are a gamble on whether they’ll shoot or not.
                  Ruger Americans are cheap but man they shoot so the predator with a mcarbo trigger spring is a great option.

Personally I’d just get a tikka t3x and have it chopped down to 20” and threaded. Might be slightly over budget after the cut and thread job

I feel like after all I’ve read and researched that the only Bergaras that are hit and miss is the 18” ridge. Most of the others are solid.

Tikka is just good. Period. No matter what. No matter length, caliber, or bullets. They shoot.

I know the rugers shoot but I can’t stand the action or stocks. The action feels like it’s full of sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                    I feel like after all I’ve read and researched that the only Bergaras that are hit and miss is the 18” ridge. Most of the others are solid.

Tikka is just good. Period. No matter what. No matter length, caliber, or bullets. They shoot.

I know the rugers shoot but I can’t stand the action or stocks. The action feels like it’s full of sand.

Yep my Bergara was an 18” 308…
                    Nothing bad can really be said about tikkas.
                    The rugers do feel cheap but man they shoot

Comment

Those that have cut a tikka rifle barrel. Were you able to cut to 5/8?

Comment

Those that have cut a tikka rifle barrel. Were you able to cut to 5/8?

I’ve got a 308 that’s cut to 18” and threaded 5/8-24..

Comment

That’s the t3x lite?

Comment

I love my predator. But I switched out stocks for $200ish.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              I love my predator. But I switched out stocks for $200ish.
                              Oh and added a few accessories!

Comment

That’s the t3x lite?

Yep

Comment

Working...
                                X