Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance starting this evening into Monday morning. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Inlet gun stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inlet gun stock

Who do I go to for this, bought a boyd's that was uninlet and need to get this setup for a Ruger American. Any recommendations welcome.

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
    Who do I go to for this, bought a boyd's that was uninlet and need to get this setup for a Ruger American. Any recommendations welcome.

Any reputable rifle builder should be able to do it. If your in Alaska I don’t know of any up there. If you are willing to ship the options are endless.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I’d bet it’s cheaper to buy the same stock already inletted than just paying a smith to inlet it.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        I’d bet it’s cheaper to buy the same stock already inletted than just paying a smith to inlet it.
        That is what I was thinking.

But yeah any gunsmith should be able to inlet a stock.

Comment

That is what I figured, I think some with the fancy cnc wood drilling machine could do it. Just trying to figure out all the angles. I may just use a drill press and do it the old fashion way slowly.

Comment

If it were me, I would contact Boyd's, and ask them if I could send it back and get it cut for the rifle that I want to put it on. They sell those stocks cheaply already cut for whatever rifle. They definitely have a system down, where it's very quick and easy to finish each blank for a given rifle type. Probably be the quickest, easiest way to get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
              That is what I figured, I think some with the fancy cnc wood drilling machine could do it. Just trying to figure out all the angles. I may just use a drill press and do it the old fashion way slowly.
              Now your talking. Be sure to lay out a center line.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                If it were me, I would contact Boyd's, and ask them if I could send it back and get it cut for the rifle that I want to put it on. They sell those stocks cheaply already cut for whatever rifle. They definitely have a system down, where it's very quick and easy to finish each blank for a given rifle type. Probably be the quickest, easiest way to get it done.
                Bingo! And probably the quickest way too.

Comment

I did ask them right off the bat, for some reason they said they wouldnt do it. I will just copy the stock rifle stock inleting in to this boyds. I for sure thought they would do it also.

Comment

Working...
                  X