No announcement yet.

Scope rings recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve always been a tally guy but the Hawkins look like they are nice as well

Comment

Scope rings recommendations

Originally posted by jreyna920 View Post
      Thought I ld follow up here. Last night I mounted up a set of Talley rings and found them a little misaligned so I gave them a light lapping. Today I get to the range to find the scope visibly misaligned to the receiver. After getting home I removed scope and set my lapping bar in the rings and it still was off. I had ordered a medium and high set and went ahead installed the medium set after this fiasco and they were immediately true and scope set perfect in them with no lapping needed. This is my first experience with Talley but am a little surprised at the degree of variance between the two sets. I am heading to the range tomorrow to zero it in but everything looks very aligned this time. Just wanted to share the experience

That is just one reason multiple people recommend against the Talleys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Leupold rings , basis,& scopes on “EVERY “ long gun I own except the 3040 krag , I’ve never had any problems with Leupold & if I did they have a great life time warranty on all there optics.

Comment

Thought I ld follow up here. Last night I mounted up a set of Talley rings and found them a little misaligned so I gave them a light lapping. Today I get to the range to find the scope visibly misaligned to the receiver. After getting home I removed scope and set my lapping bar in the rings and it still was off. I had ordered a medium and high set and went ahead installed the medium set after this fiasco and they were immediately true and scope set perfect in them with no lapping needed. This is my first experience with Talley but am a little surprised at the degree of variance between the two sets. I am heading to the range tomorrow to zero it in but everything looks very aligned this time. Just wanted to share the experience
          Tried to warn you lol. I’d get rid of that second set too!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Tried to warn you lol. I’d get rid of that second set too!
            8, what's your thoughts on these? I like them but haven't used them yet. I'm getting away from the Talley as well.

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            If you're considering Talley take a look at the Leupold Backcountry, same design but stronger and look a hundred times better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              8, what's your thoughts on these? I like them but haven't used them yet. I'm getting away from the Talley as well.
              I have a set that came on an Atacr. 34mm. They seem well built. I’m taking these off as they are too high for my needs on what I’m using it for. I bought the scope and rings from a buddy and he had no complaints. He uses his gear pretty hard too. These are for a pic rail. If you need some 34mm mediums let me know. I’ll make you a deal on em.

Comment

Originally posted by okiepighunter View Post
                zro delto or larue!
                Was looking at the larue one piece mounts. Are these removable scopes zero repeating? I have steered from these in the past but their popularity has me curious now. Any solid experience out there with this style?

Comment

Was looking at the larue one piece mounts. Are these removable scopes zero repeating? I have steered from these in the past but their popularity has me curious now. Any solid experience out there with this style?
                  Stay away from vertical split rings!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rem40x View Post
                    Ken Farrell

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                    My preference also.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                      Stay away from vertical split rings!!!
                      Except ARC

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        Except ARC
                        Yeah, ARCs are good to go but they aren’t a stupid design like the larue ones with center post.

I still say Hawkins all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                          Yeah, ARCs are good to go but they aren’t a stupid design like the larue ones with center post.

I still say Hawkins all the way.
                          Agreed on Hawkins. And I’ve never cared for larue lol

Comment

Working...
                          X