• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Lawyer’s opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I watch the video and am a fan of theirs. But either I am hearing it wrong or everyone keeps skipping over the fact that the upper is not permanently connected to the lower.

Two pins pushed and …..what lower?

If someone completed some pistol upper builds and never built lowers for them….
    Yet own other compete AR rifles in the safe, what then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DaveC; 01-24-2023, 08:15 PM.

Comment

put a 16" upper on it and call it done! it's now a rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
        But you should not have to, It was bought legally. Thats the point.

Comment

What happened with this? Did the rule ever get published?

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
            What happened with this? Did the rule ever get published?
            Yes, almost 3 weeks ago.

Comment

That is an argument in favor of the ATF.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                That is an argument in favor of the ATF.
                no , that's a palmetto state armory $199 solution that takes 5 seconds to do.. 2 pins and you don't have to do anything else until this nonsense gets overturned

you don't have to notify anyone , turn in anything or destroy anything !

click ,click, middle finger ... done!

no longer a felon!

Comment

no , that's a palmetto state armory $199 solution that takes 5 seconds to do.. 2 pins and you don't have to do anything else until this nonsense gets overturned

you don't have to notify anyone , turn in anything or destroy anything !

click ,click, middle finger ... done!

no longer a felon!
                  I understand the law but that route makes the brace into a stock which is the claim by ATF.

ATF: That’s an SBR since the brace makes it intended to be fired from the shoulder.

AR owner: No, it’s a pistol with a brace. It isn’t intended to be fired from the shoulder.

ATF: We disagree.

AR Owner: Okay, I will put a 16” barrel on it and make it a rifle…. which by law is intended to be fired from the shoulder.

ATF: Thank you. You just agreed that the brace makes it intended to be fired from the shoulder.

Comment

Option 4. Go fornicate yourself.

Comment

Doing anything other than seeing what happens right now is pretty dumb. I’d wait to see what shakes out as we get closer to the deadline.

Comment

What is going to happen when the ATF comes and knocks on doors, in those counties where Sheriff’s have made the public statement they will not follow that “Rule”, and enforce it as law.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          What is going to happen when the ATF comes and knocks on doors, in those counties where Sheriff’s have made the public statement they will not follow that “Rule”, and enforce it as law.
                          The ATF and sheriff have different jurisdictions. One doesn’t need the other’s consent.

A sheriff can’t stop ATF from knocking on doors and the ATF can’t stop a sheriff from knocking on doors.

Notwithstanding how long it would take ATF to knock on millions of doors.

Comment

Working...
                          X