ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    It will be in limbo for a while amigo if it goes through the courts, like the bump stock...not certain if a winning vote will kill it dead or not. I'm assuming doj / admin will counter in some fashion??
    Thanks appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
      Thanks for everyone that’s keeps this info out front. So what is the exact deadline date on this issue? Thanks in advance.
      May 31st 2023

Comment

Hb 2705 just passed out of committe a few days ago to remove sbrs from the prohibited items in texas. Be sure to let your reps know that it needs to be passed to help avoid whatever mess the federal govt leaves us with.

Comment

The courts will decide this, not the legislature.

No matter committee vote results, there will never be enough votes to enact any such rewrite or discarding the NFA or GCA.

If SCOTUS doesn’t take up the issue, it’s a moot point.

Comment

ATF's ruling on the pistol brace was blocked today by the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.
            Let's hope that rule gets completely overturned.

Comment

I called the gun shop today and they advised against the amnesty registry due to you cannot put an optic/scope on it or a fore grip. Anyone else here of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Pjiwaxfactor View Post
                I called the gun shop today and they advised against the amnesty registry due to you cannot put an optic/scope on it or a fore grip. Anyone else here of this?
                That makes zero sense.

Comment

Find a new gun shop, they’re idiots. Lol

After you register it, it’s an SBR and you can put whatever stock, grip, optic you want on it.

Comment

It was mister guns in Plano tx

Comment

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE May 23, 2023 Washington, D.C. —  Gun Owners of America (GOA) issued the following statements after the 5th Circuit Court partially enjoined the Biden Pistol Brace Ban this morning. GOA and the Gun Owners Foundation (GOF) had filed an amicus brief in Mock v. Garland, as well as filed their own challenge to the rule in conjunction with Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in a … Read more

Comment

kinda backwards

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                          For all those asking about adding a stock to their pistol with an arm brace.

Once the firearm is registered as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) can I remove/change the “stabilizing brace” or attach an item marketed as a stock? If so, am I required to notify ATF in advance?

Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the “brace” device or stock for a different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed you will need to notify the NFA Division.

Final Note: The SBR is not “registered” until an approved Form 1 is received from NFA. The brace cannot be substituted/replaced until that time.

link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/once...brace%E2%80%9D
                          that is the stupidest post from the ATF i've ever heard .. if the length of the firearm has changed you will need to notify the nfa ? really? every time you collapse the stock or change it to a different position , the length of the firearm changes ... i may just have to call them every day from now on

Comment

IMHO. Do Nothing
                            It’s just Govt Control. It’s a way to get the uneducated to register weapons.
                            REGISTRATION LEADS TO CONFISCATE

Comment

Time for a new gun shop

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                                Find a new gun shop, they’re idiots. Lol

After you register it, it’s an SBR and you can put whatever stock, grip, optic you want on it.
                                Lol

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X