ATF has made their ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
    Just an update...I filed the eForm and got my stamp pretty quick. Easy process for anybody who is considering it.
    You got an actual stamp for a braced lower? For free? Just asking

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jaime1982; 04-14-2023, 11:05 AM.

Comment

was talking to my suppressor guy and make this make sense.. You can have a arm brace in your possession and it is totally legal. If you on the other hand had a stock and a ar pistol it is intent to build...

Comment

For all those asking about adding a stock to their pistol with an arm brace.

Once the firearm is registered as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) can I remove/change the “stabilizing brace” or attach an item marketed as a stock? If so, am I required to notify ATF in advance?

Yes, the firearm is registered as an SBR, and you can change out the “brace” device or stock for a different brace or stock. You do not need to contact ATF/NFA because changing the brace/stock does not change the configuration of the SBR. However, if the length of the firearm has changed you will need to notify the NFA Division.

Final Note: The SBR is not “registered” until an approved Form 1 is received from NFA. The brace cannot be substituted/replaced until that time.

link: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/once...brace%E2%80%9D
        Last edited by Huntin; 04-14-2023, 02:51 PM.

Comment

So many questions here on something that we should just ignore instead of trying to figure out how to comply with just to appease our overlords

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
            So many questions here on something that we should just ignore instead of trying to figure out how to comply with just to appease our overlords
            Agreed, I have talked with serval LEO and they said just wait. Of course, I am only a responsible gun owner in the great state of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              You got an actual stamp for a braced lower? For free? Just asking

You will get an approved form 1 that states “pursuant to ATF final rule 2021R-08F” that basically says, free stamp until this legislation is struck down in court.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                You will get an approved form 1 that states “pursuant to ATF final rule 2021R-08F” that basically says, free stamp until this legislation is struck down in court.
                But no actual stamp. Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  But no actual stamp. Correct?

Hey Jamie, got you 250 mixed brass at the range today. Check your PM

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                    Hey Jamie, got you 250 mixed brass at the range today. Check your PM
                    10-4. Just saw it

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens after the deadline. What are they going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntin View Post
                          It will be interesting to see what happens after the deadline. What are they going to do?
                          Comment from an agent at the shot show said they will begin enforcement after the deadline

Comment

from goa...

Comment

Thanks for everyone that’s keeps this info out front. So what is the exact deadline date on this issue? Thanks in advance.

Comment

It will be in limbo for a while amigo if it goes through the courts, like the bump stock...not certain if a winning vote will kill it dead or not. I'm assuming doj / admin will counter in some fashion??

Comment

Working...
                                X