Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump Stock Legal Again

Bump on y'all...

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit handed down a decision Friday striking down the regulatory gun control banning bump stocks.

This great news. One small leap for man kind.

Comment

I wonder how many bump stocks will be showing up at the ranges this morning [emoji28]

Edit: Never mind, I guess it still has to go to the Supreme Court.

Comment

To each his own, but I’ve yet to find an application that calls for one

Comment

Does a bump stock make your shots more accurate? Asking for a friend.

Comment

I saw my buddy hit an entire group of pigs running down a fence line with his cheap AR and bump stock once. He had a 100 round mag full and we ran up on them in the Can-Am. They couldn't get through the fence so all they could do is run down it and look for a hole to crawl through. He unloaded on them.

I never saw much use for one either.....until then. It'd come in pretty handy if you live in a big city and rioters are trying to burn down your house or place of business. I guarantee you if you unloaded a 100 round mag into a mob of people that wanted to destroy your livelihood or life in general they'd change theirs minds real quick.

Or maybe a road rage incident where someone pulls out a gun. Pull that out from under the back seat and hose their vehicle down right quick. I can keep going, you can find a use for one. I mean, I don't condone it but lets say you have road rage. It could come in handy and do the same thing in either scenario. Whatever floats your boat, you know?
            Last edited by okrattler; 01-08-2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
              Accuracy by volume

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                Makes it about like dakurracy.

Comment

Praying and spraying GANGSTA STYLE!!!!

Comment

My understanding was that a rifle equipped with a bump stock you just had to pull the tigger one time until the mag was emptied. But the courts state that even with a bump stock, the trigger had to be pulled each time in order to fire. Now IM CONFUSED...........

Comment

Thank god the govt saved us....

Comment

Should have never been banned. Was nothing but bending the knee to the lefties and anti 2A IMO.

Comment

If anyone is still interested, this case as mentioned, was won by Michael Cargill in front of the Fifth Circuit Court. The US AG Garland appealed to the Supreme Court and they accepted the case for appeal.

Next Wednesday, February 28th, the case is set for oral arguments in front of the Supreme Court at 8am Central Time.

This case could have huge legal implications. Not only will the Supreme Court rule if a bump stock is a machine gun, it might also deal with ATF’s rule making authority and the ability to interpret definitions which are not specifically defined in a law.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            If anyone is still interested, this case as mentioned, was won by Michael Cargill in front of the Fifth Circuit Court. The US AG Garland appealed to the Supreme Court and they accepted the case for appeal.

Next Wednesday, February 28th, the case is set for oral arguments in front of the Supreme Court at 8am Central Time.

This case could have huge legal implications. Not only will the Supreme Court rule if a bump stock is a machine gun, it might also deal with ATF’s rule making authority and the ability to interpret definitions which are not specifically defined in a law.

Imo your last statement is the most important piece of the overtsfepping of the ATF.

Comment

Took my chl years ago from Cargill

Comment

Working...
                              X