Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I clean mine basically never.

Comment

I wiped mine down last night only because I was wondering why my scope was cloudy and looked at it. The lense was covered with dust along with the rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
        Other than triggers (and wiping them down) I generally clean bores every couple years--whether they need it or not. The exception is rifles that I may shoot once every 5 years or so. I will clean those if I think I may not shoot it again for many years.
        Flush trigger with ronsonol and boom done! Easy as that

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Flush trigger with ronsonol and boom done! Easy as that
          I guess you didn’t get the memo. There is a lighter fluid shortage—just like diesel. :-)

That is exactly what I use. Dang Jewells are dirt magnets.

Oh, and if you have not done so, lift a glass to Arnold (Jewell). He died a couple months ago. A true visionary and good man.
          Last edited by RR 314; 11-29-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

I clean the exterior after the season ends. Barrel and break down before or if I sell them…

Comment

If it's shooting good, leave it alone.

Comment

[ATTACH]1110882[/ATTACH]

Clean it just so it can look like this the next day again? Lol nah. I take care of my stuff. But it gets used like the good Lord intended(forgive me father for I do miss)

I hope it doesn’t corrode and fall apart!
                That bolt knob good lord... Looks more like a shifter knob

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                  This.

Several other comments in here are either jokesters(don't know why...) or just lazy. If you're sighting in your rifle with several shots or just shooting often, it should be cleaned afterward. Its going to corrode if you just let it sit with powder, copper, lead, etc. in the barrel. Some say, "oh I'll just blow the soot out of it when its dirty and its good as new." No.
                  well all my guns in my safe that i had...say otherwise.... About the only thing i ever clean is Ar or Duck gun and thats usually if it fails to cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    That bolt knob good lord... Looks more like a shifter knob
                    I knowwwwww. When I bought the action that was move #1 was to remove that ugly thing. Until I threw the bolt….it stays. Super handy and can run it fast. Just roll the wrist and away she goes.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                      I guess you didn’t get the memo. There is a lighter fluid shortage—just like diesel. :-)

That is exactly what I use. Dang Jewells are dirt magnets.

Oh, and if you have not done so, lift a glass to Arnold (Jewell). He died a couple months ago. A true visionary and good man.
                      That’s a shame. Dude put high end triggers on the map. I still have 1. Just one. Trigger tech diamond beats them in every way. But the one I have is dear to me so it stays!

Comment

I might run a bore snake down one every now and then but most of the time I wipe it down and that's it. I can't remember the last time I cleaned my 22. Must have been a few 1000 rounds ago and I probably just hosed it down with brake clean then sprayed some Rem oil on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                          I might run a bore snake down one every now and then but most of the time I wipe it down and that's it. I can't remember the last time I cleaned my 22. Must have been a few 1000 rounds ago and I probably just hosed it down with brake clean then sprayed some Rem oil on it.
                          I do clean the 22s pretty often. It’s a dirty round to begin with plus with the suppressor they get all nasty. But I pull it apart, hit it with brake cleaner, drench it in Kroil and put it back together. Runs like a champ.

My AR15s get the same treatment. Every now and then I might run a star chamber brush in there with a drill and spray the brake cleaner to flush it all down the barrel. Follow with Kroil on everything and away we go.

Comment

[ATTACH]1110882[/ATTACH]

Clean it just so it can look like this the next day again? Lol nah. I take care of my stuff. But it gets used like the good Lord intended(forgive me father for I do miss)

I hope it doesn’t corrode and fall apart!
                            Who makes that stock? I like it

Comment

Once after the season usually

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                                Who makes that stock? I like it
                                Mesa precision altitude adjustable. AG composites makes them. Mesa inlets and paints them.

Comment

Working...
                                X