7.62x39 or 300BO for hog hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7.62x39 or 300BO for hog hunting

I've got a lower that I'm going to build a AR pistol on and have been debating myself on going with a 7.62x39 or the 300BO.
    Looks like the 7.62x39 ammo is a LOT less expensive than the 300BO. Most of my shots will be under 200 yards with most of them at 125 yards or less. This will be exclusively used for hunting.
    You guys with some experience can sure lend me a hand on deciding.

The 7.62 is superior ballistically...having said that I shoot the BO as my go to night hog gun, but stick to ear hole shots regardless of cal.

Comment

300 BO for me since i already load for it and .308. 30 cal choices are endless.

If you are just building maybe consider a grendel.

Comment

Had 300blk lost to many pigs got 7.62x39 haven't lost one yet

Comment

If running thermal suppresed night time set up with subsonic 300BO. If you’re just shooting non suppressed 7.62 all day every day throw lead down range for 1/4 price

Comment

300 Ham'r.

Comment

Almost no difference
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                Almost no difference
                150lbs. More energy and 1/4 the price might sway him tho

Comment

Subsonic is the difference

Comment

I’d go with the commie round…

That being said, without a silencer it’s gonna be loud.

Comment

Being able to use standard AR mags would push me to the BO...fwiw.

Comment

Yall do know they make factory subs for the 7.62x39 right?

Comment

Whoa subsonic 7.62 mind blown

Comment

7.62x39 vs 7.62x35 ballistically identical. Things to consider:

300blk will be more spendy but probably have better projectiles and more load options if shooting factory ammo. Reliable feeding In standard ar mags.

7.62x39 cheaper to shoot but not as many loadings available even fewer sub loads of your interested in that. If In an AR you need a dedicated gun just for that for the most part. Special mags bolt ect.
                            If in a different platform such as AK option for optic mounts kinda suck for the most part and typically they aren’t as accurate.

Either way no difference in performance imo.

Comment

If you were using bolt action get only one shot off at one pig and be done then 300blk if you plan on shooting at running pigs then 6.5grendel.

Comment

Working...
                              X