Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alamo Precision TBH Build in the Future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they ever built one in 6XC ?

Comment

They'll chamber most anything a reamer is made for an even some that aren't. But I have to ask, why the 6XC over the 6 Creed. Capacity and dimensions are nearly the same and no necking up for the Creed.

You may also consider the 6 Dasher. You can buy hydro formed Lapua brass for it and expect speeds around 2900 with a 105 that's much easier on your barrel then the other two.

BTW, I got the call from Vic yesterday and paid the balance on my rifle. I'll post some teaser pics in a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
        They'll chamber most anything a reamer is made for an even some that aren't. But I have to ask, why the 6XC over the 6 Creed. Capacity and dimensions are nearly the same and no necking up for the Creed.

You may also consider the 6 Dasher. You can buy hydro formed Lapua brass for it and expect speeds around 2900 with a 105 that's much easier on your barrel then the other two.

BTW, I got the call from Vic yesterday and paid the balance on my rifle. I'll post some teaser pics in a few days.
        Just curious about the 6XC since it seems to be the hot thing on 1000 yard wins. The guys at Alpha Munitions seem to like it. I already have a 6.5 manbun to play with at 800 and it's fun. One day I hope to stretch that to 1200 and see how it does.

Comment

How’s the R&D coming Robert?

Comment

Checking in, this is/was my year to get one

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
              Checking in, this is/was my year to get one
              Luckily for you, there’s always next year.

Comment

Any new news?

Comment

Do we start a new thread for the '24 build?

Comment

I’ve got a pair from the last build that are still unfired that I would sell. Both are classic hunters. One is in 280AI and the other is in .223 with an 8 twist barrel.

I’ll take $3026 each for them. Which is $865 less than what they cost today.

I can be reached at hooknbullet2@gmail.com

Located in New Braunfels.
                    Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 01-27-2024, 11:25 AM.

Comment

have to have confirmation that a build is going to take place first. Usually the idea for the build is about complete by this point in the year.

it could be an issue with the new site, but it looks like Robert may not have even logged in for the last 7 months….
                      Originally posted by MitchParker View Post
                      Do we start a new thread for the '24 build?

Comment

I see lots of midwestern mountain hunters salivating over his rifles on Rokslide. I think he might’ve forgotten about us flatland rednecks just kiddin, I’m sure he’s busy and wish him and his company nothing but success.

Comment

I would imagine pricing and supply over the last 24 months has made a bulk deal/special pretty tough to not plausible for them unfortunately.

I have two actions coming in next week and one will be making its way to them for a 300wsm build

Comment

I would just close this … you would think with all the interest in their product, someone would log in and give an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayspr View Post
                              I'm not so sure I'd buy another one. Mine had issues and should have never left their shop the way it shipped. I know they put out good rifles but I believe they got overwhelmed and shipped mine before checking to make sure it was right. To their credit, they did correct everything after multiple phone calls.
                              Your not the only one.

Comment

There are far better gun builders. Yall wait all that time for a “deal”. Go price the build elsewhere. Compare apples to apples. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                                X