No announcement yet.

300 black out success stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I probably wouldn't buy a 300BLK pistol until after the new pistol brace rule. At best you're going to have to register it as a SBR with the NFA. At worst they say no you can't have a brace and you're stuck with a 300 BLK that you can't shoulder fire.

Comment

I used to shoot hogs with subs, and a suppressor, from my bow stand, only 15 to 20 yards. Aim for the neck right behind the skull, would drop them on the spot. I wouldn't try subs at anything over 40 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        I probably wouldn't buy a 300BLK pistol until after the new pistol brace rule. At best you're going to have to register it as a SBR with the NFA. At worst they say no you can't have a brace and you're stuck with a 300 BLK that you can't shoulder fire.

Alas, another whimsical, useless rule by the ATF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

not that it was the ideal weapon but i killed my biggest buck with one, all i had with me and was my target buck and last hunt of the year at this ranch.

Comment

It's all about shot placement. It kills just fine. My boy has taken 4 deer with his.

Comment

Dont have a pistol but you can consider the round the modern day version of the 30-30

Comment

What do yall do for hearing protection? Sucker is loud!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post

Suppressor

Comment

I’ve killed many pigs with 300blk Hornady 110vmax. I’ve seen it spilt wigs in half, sever jaws, legs shoulders..

Comment

Killed lots of pigs and a few deer, mostly within 100yds with the 110gr Barnes. Never lost an animal. Don’t really use it for rifle blind hunting though.

This one was 220lbs and about 175yds if I remember correctly. Right at the base of the skull DRT.

This deer was about 130yds and also DRT.

Comment

My daughter shot this piggy at 115yds with her Ruger Ranch 300blk and Hornady 110gr. About 120lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
                          Shot 5 one night driving around on my golf cart.
                          8.5” pistol with Lehigh subs
                          What distance for the shots?

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post

I don’t personally know anyone who has a 300BLK that doesn’t have a suppressor. The real draw to it is the suppressed subsonic load side of the house. If you don’t have a suppressor and are just shooting supers, you might as well just shoot a 308.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              In a rifle, the only subs I'm happy with is 22lr.

I've killed does with my blackout using the 125gr solid barnes out to about 125yds with success...my 11.5" aac upper is insanely accurate for an AR with hand loads.
                              Ditto. I run those similar rounds suppress in an 8" barrel and Id be comfortable out to 125 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                                I don’t personally know anyone who has a 300BLK that doesn’t have a suppressor. The real draw to it is the suppressed subsonic load side of the house. If you don’t have a suppressor and are just shooting supers, you might as well just shoot a 308.
                                Gonna disagree. It's not subsonic quiet but even supers are reduced significantly with zero recoil.

Comment

Working...
                                X