No announcement yet.

300 black out success stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I trail a few deer a year that have been shot with a .300blk. I do not like it, I’d rather a .223, .22-250, or .243

Comment

It will kill just like every other gun will. Nothing special by no means, matter fact sold it, easier and cheaper to get 223/556.

Comment

126 yds. 110Gr V-Max ammo. Dropped in its tracks but only because a fragment of the bullet hit the spine.. Only had a pencil size hole in its side, and no exit. Will never shoot a deer at that range again... Maybe ear hole a doe. Love shooting pigs with it, though!
        Attached Files
        Lesto!!

Comment

Try the 110 Barnes made for the bo les...all mine had pass through.

That’s a handsome deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
            126 yds. 110Gr V-Max ammo. Dropped in its tracks but only because a fragment of the bullet hit the spine.. Only had a pencil size hole in its side, and no exit. Will never shoot a deer at that range again... Maybe ear hole a doe. Love shooting pigs with it, though!

Maybe try not using a Varmint bullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Mike D; 09-05-2022, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I've killed a few pigs and a bobcat with mine. Shot one deer that bled well for 100 yards and quit. Never found her. Never tried it on deer again

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of a deer.

Comment

I’ve killed dozens of animals with my 8” noveske. 110-125gn all kill just fine.

IMO, subs are just for having fun and not hunting. I’ve killed a bunch of wild pigs with them and they are less than impressive.

Comment

Les that’s one heck of a buck! I know 5.56 is cheaper and easier to get. I have a 5.56 AR but I don’t hunt with it. Like I said just wanted to know some peoples experience with the 300 in hunting situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those that don’t think the 300 BO is effective I offer this:

I shot this guy at 125 yards. He was sitting on his haunches looking right at me. I center punched him in the chest and it came out his hip breaking the pelvis on the way out as well as eviscerating him too.

This was with the Barnes 110 TAC-TX bullets I mentioned earlier.

Last edited by Mike D; 09-05-2022, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        For those that don’t think the 300 BO is effective I offer this:

I shot this guy at 125 yards. He was sitting on his haunches looking right at me. I center punched him in the chest and it came out his hip breaking the pelvis on the way out as well as eviscerating him too.

This was with the Barnes 110 TAC-TX bullets I mentioned earlier.

Didn’t have to look far for him.

Comment

I’ve got an AR and a bolt Rem 700. Both with 16” barrels.

I run supers in the AR. I load the 125gr Sierra Tipped Gameking. They do great on pigs, have not shot a deer with them yet though. Would shoot a deer out to 100yds with them and not think twice.

I shoot subs out of the bolt gun. I load the 190gr Hornady Sub-x. Again does great on pigs, and I will love 100yd shots on a pig with no second thought. Under 50yds it really shines though.

My buddy did shoot a couple does with the 190sub-x factory ammo out of the 16” AR. He said the further shot was around 75yds and the deer ran about 30yds and piled up.

Comment

10.5” barrel shooting Hornady 110gr VMax- killed a big axis buck and many pigs.

Comment

Shot 5 one night driving around on my golf cart.
                              8.5” pistol with Lehigh subs
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Maybe try not using a Varmint bullet?

True. We were hunting pigs and yotes. This guy came out and it all worked out for my daughter. Won't happen again.
                                Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
                                X