Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

.308 Norma price PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
    Different bullets , different speeds
    IMO Norma confused the retail market, as I see whitetail and medium game mixed up in the same stack on the shelf
    The Whitetail and Soft Point are the same projectile and load, at least the 308 flavor. I emailed them for clarification a few months ago and they said there's no difference other than the pictures on the box, something about retailers wanting a Whitetail specific box yadda yadda. Your pictures definitely list different stats though, which I think is likely an error although I suppose the representative who responded to my email could also have error'd. They also listed the 143 Bondstrike projectiles as bein 156 grains, but people weighed them and they're 143. It's under "additional information" on the projectile page.
    Last edited by justletmein; 07-26-2022, 03:44 PM.

Comment

I scooped up about 40 boxes of these last month for $20 a box. Thought I was getting a heck of a deal but now I'm about to buy 40 more lol

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        The Whitetail and Soft Point are the same projectile and load, at least the 308 flavor. I emailed them for clarification a few months ago and they said there's no difference other than the pictures on the box, something about retailers wanting a Whitetail specific box yadda yadda. Your pictures definitely list different stats though, which I think is likely an error although I suppose the representative who responded to my email could also have error'd. They also listed the 143 Bondstrike projectiles as bein 156 grains, but people weighed them and they're 143. It's under "additional information" on the projectile page.
        https://normashooting.com/shop/calib...al_information
        Yeah I got these same gibberish till I got the product #’s
        #950072 = whitetail
        # 967721= medium game , it’s loaded a little bit faster @ 2822fps vs 2788
        They’ll probably discontinue the medium game since WT gained some popularity
        To avoid confusion;(
        Norma post
        “” Norma's new Whitetail is the deer cartridge you want—at a price you can afford. Norma has had a lot of success with its famous Oryx bullet, a bonded pointed softpoint that provides a big mushroom and 100 percent weight retention.“”
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 07-26-2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

All the boxes of Norma 243 cal I have show a whitetail on the front. My boxes of 308 cal look just like the one in this thread.

Comment

With taxes and shipping it comes out to 92 cents per round which is still a good price.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ordered a few boxes for the AR10. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                Ordered a few boxes for the AR10. Thanks for the heads up.

I did the same. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How many boxes come in a case?
                  20?

I want to order a case....

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    How many boxes come in a case?
                    20?

I want to order a case....
                    Usually 10 boxes. 200 rounds. Per case.