Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Ar 556 hunting scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the fixed 3x Vortex Spitfire on my AR's.

Comment

For what you are wanting to use the gun for, the Burris AR536 would be a very good choice. This is a subject I have spent a lot of time on. I kept going back and looking at the AR536s, then finally bought one. Should have bought one or two years ago, they work great.

I have been looking a lot lately at long eye relief scopes and optics, and really like what I am seeing with the Konus M-30 1-10X24. I have decided I am going to buy one of those Konus scopes and try it out. I have also concluded I am going to buy a Sig Romeo 4 and a Juliet 4, to try out on another rifle. I am pretty sure I will buy at least one more of the Burris AR536s. They are durable, simple, and don't take up a lot of space.

Comment

Here is what I will say about it. I had a Vortex 2-8x24 Strike Eagle on my AR 10. Had a super buck show up at last light, and it was very difficult to find him in the scope and tell where to aim. And that was with the lighted reticle turned on. I would suggest something with a larger forward optic to gather more light in low light situations.

I since sold the strike eagle and put a 3-9x44 scope on that rifle and have much more confidence hunting with it at daylight/dusk.

Comment

Looking as well. Lots of good advice on here.

Comment

Strike eagle is trash glass. Not trying to step on toes. Just being honest. 1-6 PST2 would be my recommendation on a budget. Euro optic had Trijicons on a pretty steep discount too. They are good optics.

Comment

if its for quick truck gun something like a red dot Acog or scope with little magnification/good eye relief. you can find good cheap scopes... now if you can afford trijicon id go with that haha they are just very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                Here is what I will say about it. I had a Vortex 2-8x24 Strike Eagle on my AR 10. Had a super buck show up at last light, and it was very difficult to find him in the scope and tell where to aim. And that was with the lighted reticle turned on. I would suggest something with a larger forward optic to gather more light in low light situations.

I since sold the strike eagle and put a 3-9x44 scope on that rifle and have much more confidence hunting with it at daylight/dusk.
                I used to deal with this problem years ago, then learned that larger front objectives and good glass makes a world of difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Txnative78 View Post
                  The trijicon is interesting as well.
                  Trijicon makes great products, they are just expensive. But quality pieces are going to cost you more money. I the cheapest Trijicons cost more than most of my rifles cost. Some day I would like to add a couple of Trijicons to some of my rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
                    if its for quick truck gun something like a red dot Acog or scope with little magnification/good eye relief. you can find good cheap scopes... now if you can afford trijicon id go with that haha they are just very expensive.
                    Good eye relief and Acog don’t belong in the same sentence lol

Comment

Personally I’m not a fan of Trijicon optics by any stretch of the imagination, but it’s hard to argue with a 2-10x56 Accupoint for a lowlight hunting optic.

Comment

I put a Sig Sauer Whiskey 3 3-9X40 with the illuminated reticle on my AR. Bought it off Camofire.com and it has worked really well both for daylight and late evening. The price was right was well.

Comment

Working...
                        X