No announcement yet.

7 prc ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I’ve created a new version of the 264 Win Mag.

When do I get rich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is what Hornady does - replicate the velocity of a cartridge that doesn't have strong factory support and then offer it with their marketing hype that everyone on here has mentioned already.

This is the exact same performance as a 7 SAUM, but Hornady will provide the loaded ammo now.

I honestly thought they would go with a true long action caliber and just neck down 300 prc brass.

To me, this does nothing for me personally in a long action. A 7 rem mag or 7 SAUM or even a 280 ai will do almost exactly the same numbers that this will have in a long action.

Hornady has this figured out though, they did the same thing with their other wildly popular cartridges:

6.5 creedmoor - Hornady version of the 260 Remington
      6mm creedmoor - Hornady version of the 243 Remington
      6.5 prc - Hornady version of the 6.5 SAUM
      etc, etc

I'm sure it will be wildly popular.

Comment

MikeD

Is that a 264 win mag Ackley Improved? What's the powder capacity and speeds vs a 26 Nosler?

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
          MikeD

Is that a 264 win mag Ackley Improved? What's the powder capacity and speeds vs a 26 Nosler?

Yes it is. I’ll have to check my notes but it holds 7 grains more H2O than a 264WM.

It shoots 156 Berger EOLs at 3285fps while fireforming with a 28” barrel. I expect 3350+ after fireforming.

Here’s a pic of 26N, 264WMI and 264 WM for comparison.

Shoots ok too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Is this basically just a renaming of Gunwerks’ 7 LRM which has already been around for years?

This article originally appeared in the Premiere Issue of Long Range Magazine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It says 180 gr at 2950 fps. That’s what my box of ammo says on my 300 WM so should probably expect close to that level of recoil with better down range ballistic performance due to a better ballistic coefficient.

Useful if you will be shooting that far but don’t want the recoil of a 28 Nosler.

Comment

Funny how the 7LRM never took off but this is almost identical. I would run it based solely off of the available 300 PRC Lapua brass.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  Funny how the 7LRM never took off but this is almost identical. I would run it based solely off of the available 300 PRC Lapua brass.
                  Oh you bet your *** that 7 PRC brass will be pumped out like no other if it actually happens. Hornady won’t let it sink.

Comment

Saw this today, kinda weird work up
                    “ For those of you that might be a little bit disappointed with Hornady's 7mm PRC release that hit the web this week here's another option coming soon from my gunsmith Josh Robinson of Robinson Precision Rifles out of Syracuse Utah. I had a very small part in this but I'm knowledgeable enough to answer what I can about it. Its just a teaser, so I can't release his ballistics just yet, thanks for checking it out.”

Personally I don’t understand the “” but but it’s a short action “”
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X