Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

1 & 3/4 shotgun shells???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine if you had those in the field, you better have modified you plug so your gun could only hold 3 of them.

Comment

I thought the 3-shell limit in the field was only applied to migratory like dove, ducks, geese, ect? When did they change the rules on quail, turkey, and other non-migratory game birds, and game?
      Is it not common to load a simi-auto or pump 20ga with 5 shots while hunting quail, phesant, and other upland game birds?

Comment

I can hold 9 shots in the M1 for quail if I wanted...3 shots is indeed migratory.

I can see the appeal for more rounds in your tactical gun if they are reliable, but if the buck shot / slugs are not equal in fps/weight to the current 2 3/4, I'll go with the lesser rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          What is the oz / velocity on the buck shot & slugs??
          Buckshot says 1200fps. 7 pellets of 4 buck.

Comment

no thanks....

Comment

Another gimmick. Lets you hold a lot of relatively weak shells. Mossberg has a 590 that's made with a special carrier to handle them reliably. They'd be good for snakes and such, but seeing as they cost more than a regular field load I don't see the point.

Comment

I just went to their websight. Mini 12ga buck is 7 pellets of #4B and 4 pellets of #1B. It's a duplex load. That's 11 pellets per minishell. And 5/8oz load at 1200fps. That should hold fairly tight at the slower velocity of 1200fps. Lethal at close range. But so is a 1.5oz load of #2 shot or a load of #6 shot at close range. Just has more recoil.

The mini slug 12ga load is 5/8oz at 1300fps.

They have a 2-3/4" #00 or #0 Buckshot shell also @ 1275fps.

Comment

Working...
                X