Ugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something wobbled .
    Maybe a bad load. Not enough powder or a bad bullet????????????????

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
      Apparently several baffles are damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Man I'm sorry [emoji17]

Comment

That stinks, but on the bright side accuracy should improve the more you shoot it.

Comment

Lesson learned- always shoot a new gun without the can first to make sure nothing wonky is going on. And then check it by at the very least having a look down the bore, but preferably with a caliber sized rod.

Subs or supers?

Comment

That's a bummer.

Comment

sh1t happens ... my rpr 308 has fired hundreds of speer gold dot 168 grain with no issue..

a few months ago , pigs at the feeder @180 yards ... 4 clicks on the scope ... pull the trigger.. no impact! sounded funny ... i didn't flinch and can shoot moa with this ammo..

looked at the endcap .. small bulge on one side ...

one bad bullet destabilized enough... no way to prevent this unless you test each bullet and spin them for concentricity with fancy equipment.

sooner or later you shoot suppressed , this will happen.. lucky you have a can that is still supported by the manufacturer .. mine is an AAC and they sucked when they were still in business ... the new company that was spun up will work on them but doesn't honor warranties..

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                sh1t happens ... my rpr 308 has fired hundreds of speer gold dot 168 grain with no issue..

a few months ago , pigs at the feeder @180 yards ... 4 clicks on the scope ... pull the trigger.. no impact! sounded funny ... i didn't flinch and can shoot moa with this ammo..

looked at the endcap .. small bulge on one side ...

one bad bullet destabilized enough... no way to prevent this unless you test each bullet and spin them for concentricity with fancy equipment.

sooner or later you shoot suppressed , this will happen.. lucky you have a can that is still supported by the manufacturer .. mine is an AAC and they sucked when they were still in business ... the new company that was spun up will work on them but doesn't honor warranties..
                I’ve got a sit with the welded baffle stack making up the outer tube. If I have have a baffle strike, the repair bill probably won’t be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                  I’ve got a sit with the welded baffle stack making up the outer tube. If I have have a baffle strike, the repair bill probably won’t be pretty.
                  it's not that bad actually, they will just cut off the damaged baffles , weld new ones and refinish .. just send it to the original mfgr .. they should be able to hook you up.

Comment

Working...
                  X