Revolver Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revolver Question

Recently I have seen a resurgence of people asking/searching for high capacity .22LR revolvers, 9 and 10 shot, and most of them want one in stainless. Can anyone tell me why?

I spoke to one gentleman and he said that he wanted one for reliability and low maintenance, I believe it to be for survival/prepping. But honestly, if I had to have a .22LR I would choose my Ruger 10/22 as I can never remember it jamming on me or not firing. I run many different types of ammo in it too, plus I have multiple 25 round mags and even have seen 100 round drums for them.

My WAG is ammo prices.

During Obama era I became a .22 shooting fool. It's now my favorite cal to shoot and I own too many now: ar style, bolt, lever, semi, etc.. Ringing steel at 100 yards is easy with a .22 and less expensive than other cals

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      My WAG is ammo prices.

During Obama era I became a .22 shooting fool. It's now my favorite cal to shoot and I own too many now: ar style, bolt, lever, semi, etc.. Ringing steel at 100 yards is easy with a .22 and less expensive than other cals
      I have a few pistols, and an AR, that have .22LR conversions for practicing so I understand the cost of ammo, just can't really understand the high capacity and only stainless revolver deal.

Comment

I look for my kiddos to have one each and for their kiddos too. The older pistols seem to have adjustable sights, higher capacity and shoot s,l&lr. The new lower end 22 pistols dont have adjustable sights, shoot too few rounds and shoot only lr. It annoys me to shoot a pistol thats off and I dont want my kids learning on a pistol that cant be zeroed. Ive talked to gunsmiths about the ruger sights and have not been presented a viable option for zeroing an off pistol with factory machined sights.
        Last edited by Briar Friar; 03-24-2022, 09:46 PM.

Comment

I have an old single shot .22 rifle.
          That is deadly accurate.
          But my guess would be, shtf. or ammo prices.
          But I prefer, 17hmr.

Comment

Cheap to shoot,more shots than 6 and they don't have to worry about them rusting. Other than that I wouldn't begin to know why. I can think of a lot better weapons to have in a survival situation. Don't even have to think about it hard. Shotgun beats everything. Bird shot,buckshot,slugs. You can kill anyone or anything in the world with one. From squirrels to zombies. Dead.

Aside from that they just want one. Which I wholeheartedly agree with everyone using. When the apocalypse happens I'll be using big boy guns to rob and pillage everyone shooting little pew pews. Great idea.
            Last edited by okrattler; 03-24-2022, 11:47 PM.

Comment

It probably is survival/prepping if it’s people who otherwise aren’t interested in firearms. I know some people “into” that and the compact 22 rifle/handgun combo is common.

If your survival plan is to get away from people and not draw attention, 22’s make some sense.
              Last edited by mikebyrge; 03-25-2022, 04:09 AM.

Comment

Sig just came out with a 20rd capacity semi 22lr pistol. If I was in the market for a 22lr pistol, I’d be checking that one out.

To your point though, I’m not sure why someone would be interested in only a revolver for a 22lr. Reliability in a 22lr comes down to good ammo and keeping the gun clean.

Comment

two answers 22 revolvers will shoot shorts/long/long rifle/cb caps /rat shot//mixed in cylinder or not...as for SS it holds up better to abuse/miss care...as far as longer life barrel and parts wear...Regular blued steel is tuff act to follow/and outdo..My JURY is still out on that ..Lead up barrel are common ..clean for lead as needed...

Comment

I can tell you why i have one they make great ranger guns. To throw in the bottomn compartment or glove box to shoot snakes varmints scare off stuff etc. Just my thought.

Other than that idk...... Glad your 10/22 works good i hate the mags on those guns they do not like sand....

Comment

I have a Ruger MK II auto and a Ruger Single 10. They are both great guns. The Single 10 is without doubt the most dependable of the 2, I can load shorts/long/long rifle/cb caps /rat shot//mixed in cylinder and she keeps on going bang. The MK II is incredibly accurate but is finicky as to which ammo I load. I've never had a jam on the revolver but have had a few on the auto. When I'm roughing it, I want the revolver in hand. When hunting squirrels I want the Mark II.

Comment

I used to have a small 22 revolver, and while it was ok, I like my Browning Buckmark better. Now if they would come back with the H&R Top Break 22 revolvers I would go for some of those.

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                          two answers 22 revolvers will shoot shorts/long/long rifle/cb caps /rat shot//mixed in cylinder or not...as for SS it holds up better to abuse/miss care...as far as longer life barrel and parts wear...Regular blued steel is tuff act to follow/and outdo..My JURY is still out on that ..Lead up barrel are common ..clean for lead as needed...
                          This

I had a 9 shot Taurus that I loaded with both rat shot and solid lead. I'd mark the rat shot with a sharpie. Was a good truck gun

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                            I used to have a small 22 revolver, and while it was ok, I like my Browning Buckmark better. Now if they would come back with the H&R Top Break 22 revolvers I would go for some of those.
                            I have an H&R .22 that is lightly used but still has the box that I'm about to sell.

Comment

When has less ammo ever been more fun?

Comment

Working...
                              X