Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, guys

Comment

My kids have been slaying turkey with 2 3/4" #4's lead for as long as I can remember.

Rwc

Comment

My personal experience is TSS is the best hands down, there is no competition. More pellets, higher energy, longer effective range, etc... The only problem with TSS is it is PRICEY!!! Now, when you factor in all that goes into hunting, what is $10+ per shell when you are only shooting 2-3 per season?

If you don't want to spend $10+ per shell, the best lead option is Winchester Longbeard XR. It is about $1.50 per shell, and patterns very well. I prefer #6 shot, and would not hesitate to shoot 40+ yards with it.

Whatever you do, be sure to pattern your gun and choke.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
          Was this in a 20 gauge or 12 gauge load? Just wondering if the TSS 20 gauge load has that kind of range.
          12 but I’ve shot TSS in one of my .410’s and I wouldn’t hesitate to shoot a bird at 45 yards with it.

You could theoretically kill a bird at 100 yards but the problem is pattern density. You have to play with chokes though as the tightest constriction doesn’t always throw the best patterns.

Comment

The TSS stuff is amazing killing birds at distances you wouldnt even try when i was a kid!
            good luck on your hunt!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              I ain’t no turkey pro. But Winchester Double X have flat hammered a few birds way out there for me.
              Yep Any ol box of lead #4 or #6 20ga , 16ga , 12ga
              Or steel BB or BBB it’s lights out on turkeys
              IMO people make **** way to complicated and waste lots of $$$ on the “ new latest marketing gimmick “
              Me got a win 101 20ga and some high brass duck loads and ain’t wasting my $$ on “ special” turkeyo loads

Heck shoot em with a bow
              Attached Files
              Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 03-14-2022, 06:03 PM.

Comment

20 ga TSS
                Attached Files

Comment

I think a lot of marketing goes in to “Turkey Loads”, primarily because it’s one of the only seasons open this time of year for hunters to spend money on. Bottom line, it’s a Turkey. I think the choke is much more important than what shell you’re shooting. Hit it in the head/neck and he ain’t going anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X