Remington 760 pump carbine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 760 pump carbine...

I’ve had this little carbine a long time... It was made in ‘62... 308 caliber...
    it’s a good gun... Anyone else have a 760?
    Attached Files

I had a 760 but was std 308 was really a sweet shooter...60s/70s

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
      I had a 760 but was std 308 was really a sweet shooter...60s/70s
      I think some don’t give these guns enough credit... They can be very accurate...

Comment

My grandpa had one exactly like yours in 30-06.. I am the only grandkid that ever hung out with him or had anything to do with him because he was a little on the rough side. 30 years later I'm still trying to figure out which of my kin folk slipped in there and stole when he passed.. I have his only other 2 guns but somebody stole that one..

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
          I think some don’t give these guns enough credit... They can be very accurate...
          I had one in 30-06. Killed a doe once from about 200 yards. She never moved after the first shot and I assumed a miss, so shot her again. The holes were about 3” apart and I was shooting offhand. Pretty accurate for a pump.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            My grandpa had one exactly like yours in 30-06.. I am the only grandkid that ever hung out with him or had anything to do with him because he was a little on the rough side. 30 years later I'm still trying to figure out which of my kin folk slipped in there and stole when he passed.. I have his only other 2 guns but somebody stole that one..
            I hate to hear that... At least you have the other 2...

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I had one in 30-06. Killed a doe once from about 200 yards. She never moved after the first shot and I assumed a miss, so shot her again. The holes were about 3” apart and I was shooting offhand. Pretty accurate for a pump.
              Cool story... This little gun surprised me... I had a Leupold 3x9 compact scope on it for years... I just replaced it with this fixed 6 power...

Comment

I do. Guess where I got it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  I do. Guess where I got it?
                  Yes.. you did... ha... I should have kept that one...😁

Comment

Not sure if mine is a 760 or a 7600, but they are pretty much the same right? In 30-06 and was my grandfathers. Also have his 740/7400 semi auto 30-06 that loves to jam up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                      Not sure if mine is a 760 or a 7600, but they are pretty much the same right? In 30-06 and was my grandfathers. Also have his 740/7400 semi auto 30-06 that loves to jam up.
                      Yes.. those autos were bad about jamming...

Comment

I have a 30.06 and a 243 in the 760 and a 243 in the 7600. Been in the safe for years, decided to pull the 30.06 out in 2021 season. Didn’t shoot anything but I as great to have it in the field again

Comment

Originally posted by Keg View Post
                          Yes.. you did... ha... I should have kept that one...😁
                          It’s a shooter for sure.

Comment

My first deer rifle, in .30-06. Sold it, still get mad at myself now every time I see one.

Comment

Have in in 300 Savage

Comment

Working...
                              X