Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the help and info.

Comment

Following. I’m with the op on the 3”/50yd grouping. CVA Optima, 2x50 gr Whitehots, 270 Powerbelts. First time out, dirty barrel made for 8” groups. Figured that one out quick. Clean after every shot now. Dropped a doe last weekend and after flopping around a bit she got up and toook off. Made it about 50 yds. No blood, no exit hole. Replaced Konus with better scope this weekend (Burris). We’ll see if that helps. Especially with a used gun as mine was, suggest taking scope off to make sure all mounting bolts are tight. Mine all took about 1/4 turn to tighten. Pigs are next, after another range visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Nothing but poor blood trails with powerbelts for us. Through 3 muzzle loader we're shooting 250 grain SSTs over 2 777 pellets or 100 grains of pyrodex.

I'd say 2" groups at 100 are pretty easy now that we scoped them. I literally bang flopped a doe at 65 last weekend thru a TC pro hunter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
        I have to shoot open sight because of Colorado laws. A couple others in our group shoot Powerbelts very well but complain about the lack of trauma and blood trail.

The 350gr buffalo lead bullets will kick and aren't for every shooter. They have always hammered my targets and left pints of blood in pools on the ground. One muley had blood pumping out of entrance and exit wounds while standing his last seconds. Dropped in the pools right where he was hit.

Comment

Working...
        X