No announcement yet.

The Official 2022 APR/ TBH Special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to all of you who called to place orders or to ask questions this week. Enjoyed visiting with everyone. Some really well thought out builds got kicked off. Looks like week #1 is in the books!

Comment

It must have been a busy week for the guys at APR. I tried calling several times throughout the week and today but haven’t got through to anyone yet. I’ll try again next week.

Comment

Just a reminder..... 4 days left to jump in for this year's special.

Comment

I thought it went to the 11th?

and will stop taking orders at 5:00 PM on Fri 2/11/2022

Comment

Originally posted by aggiegolfer09 View Post
            I thought it went to the 11th?

and will stop taking orders at 5:00 PM on Fri 2/11/2022
            You’re right! It was supposed to be 2 weeks! Obviously I can’t read a calendar, so looks like we’re going for 3 weeks this year! Haha

Comment

Got my order placed today. Now the wait begins.

Comment

Leaning towards the 6.5 PRC in Maverick Lite. This will be my back country mule deer and pronghorn gun up
                Here. Lots of long walks and long shots. Thoughts on this one Robert? Maybe a caliber I’ve overlooked? Already have a 308 and a 28 nosler from you guys.

Comment

Got my order in today. APR Ranger in 6.5x47 Lapua.

Comment

I am trying to decide between the maverick light and Altitude in 6.5 PRC. It seems the main difference between the two is the stock. Could anyone share their opinions and experiences with the Maverick Light? I have an Altitude In 300 WM.

Comment

The stock and the barrel are different contours. The altitude will be a sendero or sendero light which will both be a bigger contour than the Mav Light barrel. Then the stock. Mav light has a more traditional shaped stock. Altitude will have a more vertical pistol grip. More of a "long range" set up. More comfortable shooting prone etc. Mav light will be a little lighter due to these differences.

Comment

Thinking of going mid caliber round on this build.

-Compact as a suppressor will be living on it so I’d love to stay around 20” if possible. I do not mind losing some speed to gain “mobility/ease of use or being more compact”
                        -Not needing something that’ll kill a elk at 900 yards as I’ll never take that kind of shot and I plan on building a 300 wsm next year for larger game.
                        -I don’t hand load currently

That being said I’m leaning the regular maverick in a 6.5prc with maybe a 21” barrel or a 7mm-08 in a 20”…

Would love some input.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post

-Compact as a suppressor will be living on it so I’d love to stay around 20” if possible. I do not mind losing some speed to gain “mobility/ease of use or being more compact”
                          -Not needing something that’ll kill a elk at 900 yards as I’ll never take that kind of shot and I plan on building a 300 wsm next year for larger game.

That being said I’m leaning the regular maverick in a 6.5prc with maybe a 21” barrel or a 7mm-08 in a 20”…

Would love some input.

I built a 7mm08 light maverick for last years build. I don't run suppressed, but i love it for a blind/truck gun. Super handy, and not giving up much in that caliber with the shorter barrel.

Comment

Would love some input.
                            I had a Maverick built for my son with the same thought as you. It's a great gun. .308 with an 18" Barrell; lives with a suppressor. We've been shooting the Hornady Superformance Ammo, which gives a few more fps and still very accurate.

Comment

Would love some input.
                              I'm in the same boat as you but also considering a 270wsm @ 20-22"

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntermac View Post
                                Leaning towards the 6.5 PRC in Maverick Lite. This will be my back country mule deer and pronghorn gun up
                                Here. Lots of long walks and long shots. Thoughts on this one Robert? Maybe a caliber I’ve overlooked? Already have a 308 and a 28 nosler from you guys.
                                I think it would be hard to do better for a long range deer/antelope rifle than the 6.5PRC. I would probably look at the Altitude as the ergos are set up a little better for longer range shooting than the Mav Lite. Having a little more rigidity in the barrel is another mark in the plus column. Weight will be almost identical between the 2 platforms.

Comment

Working...
                                X