Who makes - TX SUPPRESSORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
    I know folks don't trust that this will ever get sorted out in our favor but I follow the legislative battles pretty regularly and in light of the WV v EPA and NYSRPA v Bruen decisions I believe will eventually see most of the gun control act / national firearms act / and much of atf's regulatory power get dialed way back.
    Seeing as how the BATFE seems to make up stuff as they go along I hope you are right, but they also seem to ebb and flow depending on who or which party is in power.

What is really needed is about four thirds of our politicians and bureaucrats to go home and shut the hell up !

Comment

dope = most federal law completely ignored.

un taxed gun mufflers - go to prison

Comment

Legal, Texas made suppressors:

Witt Machine in Vernon
        Rebel Silencers in El Paso

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post

Witt Machine in Vernon
          Can you actually buy these and they just ship them to your house?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Seeing as how the BATFE seems to make up stuff as they go along I hope you are right, but they also seem to ebb and flow depending on who or which party is in power.

What is really needed is about four thirds of our politicians and bureaucrats to go home and shut the hell up !
            true! After we lost thousands of guns in Mexico to drug dealers (i.e. our gov't lost track of them to Mexican cartel about 10 years ago) I received harrassment calls from ATF for legally (and went beyond was required) selling and AR to an individual. I'm not confident the agents even knew what they were asked to harass me about and we had some interesting conversations. All that to say is I'm pretty sure they can give you trouble over anything but they seemed to back down when you respond with what the law is and their own actions have been Good times

Comment

Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post

Witt Machine in Vernon
              Looks like Rebel silencers is permanently closed.

Witt machine really doesn't address the process of how to buy a suppressor from them online. Have you purchased one from them?
              Last edited by JTCowpoke; 01-10-2023, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                Who wants to test the theory and sell me 3? I’ll pay cash, and we never met! I don’t give a **** what the gov’t thinks about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m with you on this as well and I will up it to $400 each on my end

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  Seeing as how the BATFE seems to make up stuff as they go along I hope you are right, but they also seem to ebb and flow depending on who or which party is in power
                  That is specifically what WV v EPA addressed. The precedent has been set now its just a matter of time before all the applicable cases work their way through the system.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    What’s the status on these. ATF go all Gestapo on these guys? Did anyone end up in a position to try the new law in court?
                    It has been in court since the law passed.

The bill itself said that it had to go to court. It’s not a matter of just testing the court but part of the Texas law.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      What’s the status on these. ATF go all Gestapo on these guys? Did anyone end up in a position to try the new law in court?
                      There are plenty of YouTube lawyer and/or second amendment channels. I believe these two are based in Texas and usually have pretty good and non-emotional information. This video is less than 6 minutes and covers the latest on the recent federal court ruling from Northern District of Texas in Fort Worth where the judge ruled that the Texas constitutional carry law was unconstitutional because it did not allow 18-20 year olds to carry.

At about the 2:15 mark in the video they start covering the latest on the suppressor law. The original filing has apparently been modified due to the also recent ruling from the Supreme Court in the Bruen case.

The federal judge hearing this suppressor case I believe is the same one who ruled the Texas constitutional law as unconstitutional for barring the 18-20 year olds. Apparent the judge in the suppressor case has given a May 2, 2023 deadline to have all paperwork in so in a little less than four months, the judge should have all of the filings and could make a determination soon afterwards.

Comment

Very interested in this topic!

Comment

Following

Comment

Originally posted by Berto1 View Post
                            Following

Subtle

Comment