Who makes - TX SUPPRESSORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who makes - TX SUPPRESSORS

Looking at researching the legality of them, if worth the in esrmenr, and who / if anyone actually makes and sells them .

Thanks

Not legal yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by getsum View Post
      Looking at researching the legality of them, if worth the in esrmenr, and who / if anyone actually makes and sells them .

Thanks
      Sideways’s answer is correct.

The law did not automatically make them legal. The law says that if someone makes notice to the state of Texas for a business to make Texas only suppressors, the Texas Attorney General will get a ruling in federal court that rules it is legal to allow Texas only suppressors. That would be a federal court ruling saying that the federal law against suppressors would not apply Texas if most of the parts were assembled and made in Texas.

I don’t expect that ruling will ever come. Even if it does, the law can’t go into effect until such a ruling. That is not merely an opinion but the bill signed by the governor states that a federal court ruling is required for it to become law in Texas.

This is the applicable part of that law:

Sec. 2.054. ATTORNEY GENERAL. On written notification to
      the attorney general by a United States citizen who resides in this
      state of the citizen's intent to manufacture a firearm suppressor
      to which Section 2.052 applies, the attorney general shall seek a
      declaratory judgment from a federal district court in this state
      that Section 2.052 is consistent with the United States Constitution

Comment

Who wants to test the theory and sell me 3? I’ll pay cash, and we never met! I don’t give a **** what the gov’t thinks about it.

Comment

TX

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Who wants to test the theory and sell me 3? I’ll pay cash, and we never met! I don’t give a **** what the gov’t thinks about it.

This right here! I will do the same when I find some..Unless you do something really dumb, nothing will happen. Texas LE can't touch the law or even work it from what I understand (like their dept can get in trouble) and I don't see any atf agents checking hunters or making traffic stops.

Comment

The above is not really correct.

Texas penal code 46.05 calls a suppressor a prohibited weapon without a tax stamp. .

3rd degree felony for possessing suppressor without a tax stamp.

I don’t know anyone that would even ask, unless there were other circumstances involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Stan R; 12-12-2021, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

I know a guy, but he’s not in production yet. They will be stamped made in Texas.

Comment

Hb 957

Originally posted by Stan R View Post

Texas penal code 46.05 calls a suppressor a prohibited weapon without a tax stamp. .

I don’t know anyone that would even ask, unless there were other circumstances involved.

I read HB 957 differently I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post

You are not correct. The bill removed suppressors from TX penal code.

Comment

Wife’s uncle just turned over a long standing taxidermy shop to his nephew and he is now selling Texas’ manufactured suppressors OTC for $400 apiece.

Comment

…& I’m no law guru and am simply passing along information regarding what little bit I do know

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbuster13 View Post
                          Wife’s uncle just turned over a long standing taxidermy shop to his nephew and he is now selling Texas’ manufactured suppressors OTC for $400 apiece.

If he wants to get busy I’m interested in one or two

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            If he wants to get busy I’m interested in one or two
                            Shoot me a Pm and I can put you in touch. He is out of Lufkin and just needs to know what caliber and thread pitch and size and can have it at the shop in less than a week according to what I was told.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X