Who makes - TX SUPPRESSORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lungbuster13 View Post
    Wife’s uncle just turned over a long standing taxidermy shop to his nephew and he is now selling Texas’ manufactured suppressors OTC for $400 apiece.
    He should probably sell them UTC, cuz the ATF has already said that they dont agree with Texas' new law.

Per ATF letter 'The passage of Texas House Bill 957 (HB957), with an effective date of September 1, 2021, has generated questions from industry members as to how this state law may affect them while engaged in a firearms business activity. HB957 claims to exempt silencers (also known as suppressors) that are manufactured in Texas, and which remain in Texas, from Federal firearms laws and regulations, including the federal registration requirements. However, because HB957 directly conflicts with federal firearms laws and regulations, federal law supersedes HB957. In summary, all provisions of the Gun Control Act (GCA) and the National Firearms Act (NFA), including their corresponding regulations, continue to apply to FFLs and other persons in Texas.'

I havent heard that the AG has requested an opinion from a federal judge yet as required when requested. Maybe your wifes uncle can do that for us

Comment

Wife’s uncle just turned over a long standing taxidermy shop to his nephew and he is now selling Texas’ manufactured suppressors OTC for $400 apiece.
      Keep us updated. I've been waiting to see which manufacturer is going to risk jail time and their FFL to be the first one to sell these.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot me a Pm and I can put you in touch. He is out of Lufkin and just needs to know what caliber and thread pitch and size and can have it at the shop in less than a week according to what I was told.
          These are 100% aluminum for the curious.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
              Who wants to test the theory and sell me 3? I’ll pay cash, and we never met! I don’t give a **** what the gov’t thinks about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Fed prison ain't for punks and 3 might get you a little hard time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                These are 100% aluminum for the curious.
                I kinda wouldve guessed AL and 22 suppressors if selling for $400 and making any money. There are a lot of form 1 options for less

Comment

I smell some BS on this thread

Maybe homemade ones, but not real suppressors.

Per the law

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                    Fed prison ain't for punks and 3 might get you a little hard time.
                    Federal prison is the easy one...Martha Stewart did a year or 2 in club Fed!

Comment

I may know who you are talking about. As if so, I hope it’s legal cause he’s got my buck I need shoulder mounted, can’t do much taxidermy work from prison!

Comment

<

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          I smell some BS on this thread

Maybe homemade ones, but not real suppressors.

Per the law
                          I dont understand what you are trying to say

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I know a guy, but he’s not in production yet. They will be stamped made in Texas.
                            What’s the status on these. ATF go all Gestapo on these guys? Did anyone end up in a position to try the new law in court?

Comment

I know folks don't trust that this will ever get sorted out in our favor but I follow the legislative battles pretty regularly and in light of the WV v EPA and NYSRPA v Bruen decisions I believe will eventually see most of the gun control act / national firearms act / and much of atf's regulatory power get dialed way back.

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                                What’s the status on these. ATF go all Gestapo on these guys? Did anyone end up in a position to try the new law in court?

The guy I know who was gonna make Texas based suppressors put that on hold because the laws are still a “gray area.”- his words.

Comment

Working...
                                X