Suppressor POI Shift on 6.5 PRC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor POI Shift on 6.5 PRC

I have a zeroed Seekins Havak PH2 chambered in 6.5 PRC.

I have a SilencerCo Omega 300 coming in any day now. Curios to know how much POI shift I can expect to have after adding the suppressor.

It’s hard to say some may be effected very little some may be 2-4”.

Comment

The ASR mount is repeatable, but they tend to have quite a bit of shift IMO. I’d run it either direct thread or swap to a better mounting system.

Comment

Have zero shift in a direct thread on two separate rifles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a direct thread Nomad 30. Just last week I zeroed two rifles with the suppressor on. Both rifles had a 4.5" POI shift at 100 yds with the suppressor. One was 4.5" straight down, and the other was 4.5" straight to the right.

Comment

My Q's shift about 2.5"

Comment

all rifles are different could be .5 could be 5"

Comment

I have a 6.5 in a Creedmoor. I put a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 on my Tikka (not direct thread) and had an 8 inch point of impact shift at 200 yards. I did not think it would be that bad but dialed it up accordingly and it shoots lights out.

Comment

Originally posted by AmmannsvilleGUY View Post
                  I have a 6.5 in a Creedmoor. I put a Thunder Beast Ultra 7 on my Tikka (not direct thread) and had an 8 inch point of impact shift at 200 yards. I did not think it would be that bad but dialed it up accordingly and it shoots lights out.
                  Wow… that’s nuts… I have a dead air direct mount and less than an inch at 200 shift

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                    I have a direct thread Nomad 30. Just last week I zeroed two rifles with the suppressor on. Both rifles had a 4.5" POI shift at 100 yds with the suppressor. One was 4.5" straight down, and the other was 4.5" straight to the right.
                    Have you tried any other cans on it? I’m a big fan of Dead Air, and the Nomad is probably my favorite rifle can. That said 4.5” is unacceptable to me. I’d be curious to see how other cans perform on that rifle, and how that can performs on other rifles. Also curious what the rifle is.

Comment

My Omega 300 is exactly 4" low at 100 on my Tikka CTR 6.5 CM. It is 3" low on my son's 16" AR. Screw it on my 18" AR and there is no POI shift.

Comment

Hard to say, but my experience is within a few inches.

Comment

I have pretty much the same set up as you and I have about a 2" shift.

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSHOG View Post
                            all rifles are different could be .5 could be 5"
                            yep

that said my omega is 3" high on both my 6.5 and wifes 7.08 APR. Direct thread.

QD on AAC SDN6 I see none on AR pistol and 2 or 3" high and left on ruger ranch

Comment

Hanging a pound off the end of your barrel will change its whip / harmonics when shot. Many factors come info play (barrel thickness, length, etc), so hard to predict what any gun will do until you shoot it.

Good thing is once you site in with the pound hanging off the end, taking the can off and putting it back on should not affect your zero since you are putting the same weight back on.

Comment

Working...
                              X