Suppressor questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor questions

I have a Savage Axis in 308 that I have done a bit of trigger work on, it will shoot 1/2" groups with my hand loads. I am thinking about making it my truck/youth/ guest do all gun. The suppressor I am looking at it a Thunderbeast does any one have one. Does a suppressor bring the decibels down to where you dont need ear muffs? I'm just thinking about a do all gun for everything and don't have to worry about ear plugs all of the time.

Yes, it will bring the sound down to levels that won’t make your ears ring as well as a large reduction in recoil.

Comment

As noted above, yes it will reduce the sound to the shooter substantially. However, I think most audiologist suggest ear protection even with suppressor use if shooting a lot, especially for the young. However I don’t worry about it personally when hunting where only one or two shots will be the norm. By the way the Thunderbeast is one of the best suppressors out there and are hard to come by.

Comment

I have the TB ultra7 w/CB brake, it awesome. Very light. highly recommend.

Comment

Most cans will bring the DB’s close to hearing safe (for the exposure time) for a super’ round. Usually within 5-10 db’s if I am not mistaken.

So it’s not technically hearing safe but still 5000x’s more comfortable shooting. Also, I shoot without ear muffs when using can’s and 100% recommend making the plunge
          Last edited by 150class; 11-14-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Yes it makes guns much more pleasant to shoot. I think they great for young shooters since muzzle blast will make them flinch just as much as recoil. Plus it’s nice being able to talk to young shooters while they are getting ready to shoot without wearing muffs

Comment

I wish I had purchased mine years ago
              Only downside is weight.

Comment

I built an F1 can 3yrs ago that I’ve used on a 6.8spc AR, a Remmy 700 in 223cal, 300BO and a 308cal. All platforms are completely hearing safe with the 223 being the quietest closely followed by the 300BO with supers. The 308 Remmy bolt gun is stupid quiet too and recoil is equivalent to a 5.56 AR. Take the plunge and don’t look back.

Comment

depends on barrel length .. my 26" savage sounds great .. on a 16" 700, it's borderline obnoxious ... my 20" rpr is "my" limit for 308 ....

regardless, you'll enjoy shooting with a can... guaranteed!

Comment

I've got a Thunderbeast Ultra 7 and it's a great can. Super lightweight and basically zero impact shift on all the rifles I've had it on.

Comment

I run a suppressor and still wear hearing protection when bench shooting.

When hunting, I tend not to have formal ear protection, but usually have ear buds in for listening to podcasts.

Comment

i own multiple TBAC cans, I wouldn't suggest them for an AR but they have been amazing for me on a bolt gun. Get it. I also love the Dead Air nomad,

Comment

Working...
                        X