No announcement yet.

30-30 ammo does it really matter? On Gr and brand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d not pack my Winchester 94 with any bullet as a first choice if I was defending myself from a griz. I have the **** bears 10 miles from home here in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

while the hornady lever gun slugs shot well out of everything i have used,,, i have never been more disappointed in a bullets effectiveness, i have never had to track anything more than about 10 yards with my 45-70 except the one and only deer i shot with that bullet,,, i walked up on her by luck with zero blood trail... i will not be giving them a second chance to fail,,, win and rem 170 have always shoot very good and performed very well

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
        while the hornady lever gun slugs shot well out of everything i have used,,, i have never been more disappointed in a bullets effectiveness, i have never had to track anything more than about 10 yards with my 45-70 except the one and only deer i shot with that bullet,,, i walked up on her by luck with zero blood trail... i will not be giving them a second chance to fail,,, win and rem 170 have always shoot very good and performed very well
        Exact opposite experience I've had. Every animal I've shot or my kids have shot with them have seldom gone more than 30 yds. The buck my grandson shot last year was liver shot and it only went 15 yds, laid down and bled out in under 10 min. Liver was completely destroyed. Looked like hamburger. I've never had better performance from any other 30-30 ammo.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          I’d not pack my Winchester 94 with any bullet as a first choice if I was defending myself from a griz. I have the **** bears 10 miles from home here in Montana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Me too, I am mainly thinking about a retro style elk hunt next year, but truthfully would rather have a 30wcf then a 10mm or .44 revolver if a bear wants to get jiggy

Comment

My marlin 336 shoots one inch groups at 100 yards with leverevolution. It was my favorite spot and stalk rifle for the place I hunted in Bosque county. I’ve killed a buck and 2 does with it and none of them took a step. I don’t remember if there was an exit wound on any of them but lungs were destroyed. Shoot them in the shoulder and they won’t go far.

Comment

Working...
            X