Vortex Viper HS vs Leupold VX-3HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex Viper HS vs Leupold VX-3HD

Looking at Viper 4-16x44 and VX-3HD 3.5-10x40.
    Pros and cons of each.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Comment

Vortex dollar for dollar will have better glass and better turrets.
      Their warranties are comparable but leupold has a reputation for a better built product that won’t need the warranty.

I currently run an Hs-t viper and it has been fantastic

Comment

Leupold for me…
        I’ve never looked through any vortex scopes above the vipers but to me they all had horrible eye relief.. I’ve got a Vx3hd and it’s great… plus made in the good ol USA

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I have 3 Vortex scopes and every time I look thru one I ask myself why. None of them even come close to the cheapest old Leupold VX-II 3x9 that I have. Only reason I bought them was they were cheap.

Comment

There is zero comparison. The leupold is 100 times better. The vortex is going to white out on you in low light situations. Bottom line is vortex viper line sucks. So many better options and similar prices. Some may not have the bells and whistles but glass will be better

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                There is zero comparison. The leupold is 100 times better. The vortex is going to white out on you in low light situations. Bottom line is vortex viper line sucks. So many better options and similar prices. Some may not have the bells and whistles but glass will be better

What else would you recommend?

Comment

What about the Leupold vx-freedom scopes?
                  Burris Fullfield E1 line?

Comment

Luepold no doubt. Sold my HS I had.

Comment

I’d go Leupold. Vortex PST Gen 2 is the lowest level Vortex that I’d buy.

Comment

After having both, Leupold hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                          I’d go Leupold. Vortex PST Gen 2 is the lowest level Vortex that I’d buy.

Same here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to hunt and mainly hunt from a blind or some more simple spot and stalk hunts shooting out 300yds or so. It doesn't matter either is fine. In those scenarios edge to Leupold for clarity/light transmission. If you want to dial in elevation and windage and shoot further distances I think there is slightly better tracking with the vortex and you will like the extra 6x magnification. If you are going to be packing in where ounces count the leupold is lighter. Leupold will have the better glass between the 2. I have had the slightly better luck with the turrets and tracking on a vortex than a leupold. Thats as far as making multiple adjustments and returning to zero. They are both good choices. The field of view and amount of windage and elevation adjustment is about the same.

Comment

I like Vortex for what they are, good cheap scopes. Our family has 3 Vortex, two Diamondbacks and a Viper. We also have 3 Leupolds, two discontinued VX-L's and a 29 year old Vari-X III. The Viper on the wife's gun is pretty nice and it's a great scope, but even the 29 year old Leupold is better than the Viper IMO clearer and crisp with better light transmission in low light. Both my younger boys have 50mm Diamondbacks on their rifles and they work great, super simple for them to use with the BDC reticles and the 50mm helps a ton with low light. I wasn't a fan of the 40mm Diamondbacks. We don't do dialing and clicking, once a scope is sighted in it's left alone and not touched. That Vari-X III was sighted in 29 years ago and never touched since, partially because it's sitting on a 300 Wby Mag which hurts to shoot LOL.
                              Last edited by justletmein; 11-10-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X