Help with my dads TC Compass II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with my dads TC Compass II

My dads trigger is horrible. Gritty, and breaks over 6#.... he ordered a spring kit for it but apparently that was for the first gen...he has the second. Is there anything my dad can to do make his trigger way better so we can see if this rifle can actually shoot half way worth a darn?

Any drop in triggers out there? Or something you recommend or have done?

Thank you for your time

My wife shoots one in 308 and we put an MCarbo spring in it, much improved. Where'd he get the spring kit from? Surely there's springs for the II's??

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
      My wife shoots one in 308 and we put an MCarbo spring in it, much improved. Where'd he get the spring kit from? Surely there's springs for the II's??
      Did MCarbo in my 308 what a difference. Only takes about 15 mins to install.

Comment

I just hit their page, doesn't look like they make one for the II.

Comment

so is there any help? OR should dad abandon that gun or resolve his shots to under 100yds

Comment

The Compass II has the Gen II trigger which is very good on mine. If yours breaks at 6#, that exceeds the advertised pull. TC has a lifetime warranty so I would contact TC (or S&W) and ask them how to proceed.
            FWIW, I have a Compass II and it has a very good trigger. I have shot 5 shot groups at 100 yds of .328" and a 200 yd (3 shot) group of .403".

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              The Compass II has the Gen II trigger which is very good on mine. If yours breaks at 6#, that exceeds the advertised pull. TC has a lifetime warranty so I would contact TC (or S&W) and ask them how to proceed.
              FWIW, I have a Compass II and it has a very good trigger. I have shot 5 shot groups at 100 yds of .328" and a 200 yd (3 shot) group of .403".
              Pretty sure TC is no longer in business

Comment

TC is still in business, but Smith and Wesson is trying to sell TC. I would call TC customer service and discuss the problem with them. They may ask your dad to send it back to them so they can adjust the trigger, or just install a new trigger group with a lighter pull weight. I have handled a new TC Venture II, and can tell you the Venture II trigger is much better than the stand Venture's trigger pull. The Venture II's trigger was lighter and had less creep than the original. I suspect your father got one that is worse than it should be.

Comment

Working...
                X