Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are quick (scope) detach mounts really used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are quick (scope) detach mounts really used?

I see quite a few rifles with quick detach mounted scopes. How accurately can these be put together, and keep zero at a given distance. I see this done in movies all the time, but how realistic is that?

Very realistic if your purchase the right ones! Do you need to detach yours or is it something that you are just interested in?

Comment

Got a Leupold one piece quick mount. Holds true all day!

Comment

On a 81 Marlin 30-30 by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
          Very realistic if your purchase the right ones! Do you need to detach yours or is it something that you are just interested in?
          I’m just curious about it. I just don’t understand how the scope (as see in sniper movies) can be attached by putting the scope and mounts in a base, and twisting 90 degrees to lock it, still being 100% accurate.
          I can see breaking the entire down to stuff into a super small package. But to do this and expect a highly critical shot to happen, without taking a practice shot, doesn’t seem realistic to me. Boggles my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Lights Out View Post
            Got a Leupold one piece quick mount. Holds true all day!
            But can you take it apart, reassemble, and expect the exact same POA, every single time?

Comment

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
              I’m just curious about it. I just don’t understand how the scope (as see in sniper movies) can be attached by putting the scope and mounts in a base, and twisting 90 degrees to lock it, still being 100% accurate.
              I can see breaking the entire down to stuff into a super small package. But to do this and expect a highly critical shot to happen, without taking a practice shot, doesn’t seem realistic to me. Boggles my mind.
              Oh no, I wouldn’t use a twist lock ever! I’m talking about throw levers!

Comment

Open sites with a 30-30 everyday ;-)

Comment

My Winchester M70 375 h&h had a lever to remove scope , was fine after switched back and forth, wish I could remember the brand and model of the bases

Comment

i use multiple different qd mounts. All are weaver rail style throw levers. A couple are on regular scopes, ones a red dot, ones a thermal. Allows me to swap from scope to red dot on AR depending on use, as well as using thermal on different rifles. The ones on the scopes hold zero extremely well. Probably better than i can shoot.

Comment

I’ve got some larue qd mounts I like because I can swap out regular scope and thermal when varmint hunting..

Comment

If you buy quality than yes, they will hold true zero between swaps. I’ve taken a few of my scopes off and on hundreds of times and never had to readjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                          Oh no, I wouldn’t use a twist lock ever! I’m talking about throw levers!
                          PERP quick detach, this is what I run on my ar10 with nikon monarc and have had no issues. works great.

Comment

Burris P.E.P.R and high quality picatinny rail if rifle receiver does not already have the rail machined on it.

Comment

I swap optics frequently…I use ADM mounts and have never had any issues with POI shift. High quality mounts are the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X