Barnes Factory Ammo Brass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barnes Factory Ammo Brass?

When did Barnes start using Sig Brass? New box of Barnes .308 150TTSX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprising. I have some Hornady brass that has the JAG stamp on it. I believe it was Hornady Precision ammo in 6.5 CM. Much better brass than cases stamped with Hornady. With the ammo shortage I guess mfgr's are using whatever they can get their hands on. As for SIG brass, I think they are now making their own components. I would not expect much from it since what I read up on a while back had it being not very tough and primer pockets would not hold after one reloading. Makes sense because they would rather sell loaded ammo for much higher prices and only good for one firing than sell components that last and last.
    Reload some of it and see how it holds up and how much prep needs to be done on it.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Not surprising. I have some Hornady brass that has the JAG stamp on it. I believe it was Hornady Precision ammo in 6.5 CM. Much better brass than cases stamped with Hornady. With the ammo shortage I guess mfgr's are using whatever they can get their hands on. As for SIG brass, I think they are now making their own components. I would not expect much from it since what I read up on a while back had it being not very tough and primer pockets would not hold after one reloading. Makes sense because they would rather sell loaded ammo for much higher prices and only good for one firing than sell components that last and last.
      Reload some of it and see how it holds up and how much prep needs to be done on it.

I was assuming the same (trying to source what they can) because of the current climate. I’ll do some weighing and see how these stack up for reloading. Just curious if anyone has seen any of this yet with Barnes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X