Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    If any of yall run across a 457 texan long with a 3x9x50 Leopold on it
    ... its probably mine. Stolen from my truck last night.
    @#^*^%$^ Get a rope. I hate a thief. Would rather have a rattlesnake crawl over me.

Comment

Muzzlebrake - what are you doing for air?

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
        Muzzlebrake - what are you doing for air?
        I bought one of those VEVOR portables. So far it has worked real good. Done about 5 fills with it so far. Takes 6 minutes for fill from 100 to 250 bar.
        Discover VEVOR PCP Air Compressor, Auto-stop Powered by DC 12V Car or Home AC 110V/220V, 4500Psi/30Mpa/300Bar w/Built-in Water/Oil Adapter & Cooling Fan for Paintball, Scuba, Air Rifle, Automatic Shut Off and Powered by Home Socket at lowest price, 2days delivery, 30days returns.

Comment

That sucks, sorry

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll keep a eye out. Do you have the serial number from it? Don’t want the whole number just the last four.

Comment

Tx00879 is complete serial number

Comment

Tx00879 is complete serial number
                I’ll keep my eyes open. Bet it shows up in a pawn shop or Craigslist for sale. Not very many people have the means to keep it filled so they can shoot it.

Fingers crooked it shows up quickly.

Comment

I've had a few days with my FX Deamline Bullpup .25. I bought it used and got a very good deal on it as it already had a power plenum, barrel band, and donny FL included with it. Previous owner also installed a rail for a bipod. I got my scope close to zero at about 25 yards yesterday using JSB King 33.95gr pellets. This is what the previous owner had zeroed it for. It's a LOT of pellet for plinking and at some point I'll start working down to a lighter pellet as the largest I'll dispatch is a racoon.

That said, buying used brings some interesting challenges: The gun itself has been tuned with the reg set to 150 and the trigger to the previous owner's liking being literally a hair trigger. I've put some creep back into the first stage and firmed up the second a bit but I still have a little more to adjust to my liking. Given the regulator adjustment and the fact that I'm shooting on level 4 on the power wheel (it has 10 power settings), I suspect the hammer spring is set to let quite a bit of air go down the tube as well.

I'll need to get a chrony to figure out where I'm at so I can dial it back a bit. The gun game with 3 tins of 33.95JSBs so I'll shoot them the way the are for a while. With it set for this slug, it goes through air pretty quick.

I ordered a yong heng (uses water but moves more air volume than the smaller non-water vevor. My brother gave me a 130cf HP steel tank that will hold about 237 bar max. I'll use the yong heng to top that off and keep the bottle close by during shooting sessions. I'll recharge the gun to about 21-15 which will get me about 32 shots before I have to refill again. Having a tank/regulator on the side would let me tether was well since I'll be shooting off my front porch.

I did purchase a decent quality hand pump to use until the compressor came in. Mistake. I'm very fit and I work out. I only weigh about 180 lbs and I almost have to balance my entire body weight over the pump handle to push the last 4 inches of the pump tube down and I couldn't get past about 200 bar with the hand pump. That's not from my "fitness" but just not a realistic activity so I don't fall over and impale myself on the pump or something. I've already filled out the return slip, lol. Can't wait on a compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                    I've had a few days with my FX Deamline Bullpup .25. I bought it used and got a very good deal on it as it already had a power plenum, barrel band, and donny FL included with it. Previous owner also installed a rail for a bipod. I got my scope close to zero at about 25 yards yesterday using JSB King 33.95gr pellets. This is what the previous owner had zeroed it for. It's a LOT of pellet for plinking and at some point I'll start working down to a lighter pellet as the largest I'll dispatch is a racoon.

That said, buying used brings some interesting challenges: The gun itself has been tuned with the reg set to 150 and the trigger to the previous owner's liking being literally a hair trigger. I've put some creep back into the first stage and firmed up the second a bit but I still have a little more to adjust to my liking. Given the regulator adjustment and the fact that I'm shooting on level 4 on the power wheel (it has 10 power settings), I suspect the hammer spring is set to let quite a bit of air go down the tube as well.

I'll need to get a chrony to figure out where I'm at so I can dial it back a bit. The gun game with 3 tins of 33.95JSBs so I'll shoot them the way the are for a while. With it set for this slug, it goes through air pretty quick.

I ordered a yong heng (uses water but moves more air volume than the smaller non-water vevor. My brother gave me a 130cf HP steel tank that will hold about 237 bar max. I'll use the yong heng to top that off and keep the bottle close by during shooting sessions. I'll recharge the gun to about 21-15 which will get me about 32 shots before I have to refill again. Having a tank/regulator on the side would let me tether was well since I'll be shooting off my front porch.

I did purchase a decent quality hand pump to use until the compressor came in. Mistake. I'm very fit and I work out. I only weigh about 180 lbs and I almost have to balance my entire body weight over the pump handle to push the last 4 inches of the pump tube down and I couldn't get past about 200 bar with the hand pump. That's not from my "fitness" but just not a realistic activity so I don't fall over and impale myself on the pump or something. I've already filled out the return slip, lol. Can't wait on a compressor.
                    Chrono will tell you a lot. I ran mine over the Chrony yesterday and was surprised to see the 26gr slugs going almost 1000 fps. regulator @130, macro wheel@16, micro @4. Two layers of 3/4" plywood glued together will not stop the slugs so I had to add 2 layers of 2x12 behind. I think I can tone this thing down quite a bit and up my shot count. I get around 100 shots now they way it is. There should be another accuracy node down around 850 fps.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Chrono will tell you a lot. I ran mine over the Chrony yesterday and was surprised to see the 26gr slugs going almost 1000 fps. regulator @130, macro wheel@16, micro @4. Two layers of 3/4" plywood glued together will not stop the slugs so I had to add 2 layers of 2x12 behind. I think I can tone this thing down quite a bit and up my shot count. I get around 100 shots now they way it is. There should be another accuracy node down around 850 fps.

Wow that’s freaking impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
                        Wow that’s freaking impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Probably has something to do with the long 700 mm barrel. Just guessing that's where the extra 100 fps comes from.

Comment

I've had a bit more time with my dreampup and a chrony. I'm only pushing about 820 FPS with the 33.95 grain .25 pellet and I appear to be maxed out. Given it was used, no telling what tweaks were done.

I've ordered a wika gauge for the regulator to be sure I'm spot on. I also ordered a new hammer spring that is supposedly designed for better tuning that is made by huma air.

Once I get those installed, I'll play with the tune a bit more. Barrel length on the .25 bullpup is 600mm so that may be costing me some FPS.

That said, I put 10 rounds in to a pinky nail sized hole at about 35 yards. I ordered some 25 ish grain diablos and I'll see what it can do with those as the parts from Huma are coming from Europe so there will be a bit of wait time.

I'd love to get those 35ish grain JSBs up to about 850-870 which I understand is their sweet spot. I'll use the dials to get the lighter pellets slowed down so I'll have two "tunes" that give me minute of racoon and minute of tiny dot on a target.

Comment

I have the 457 texan. Kill three mature bucks with it last year
                            Garguy, I am considering getting the new 457 and I read your thread last year. I don't remember where you shot the deer. Head shot, rib shot? I have a set up for a 15 yard shot and was thinking of a head shot. What's your thoughts?

Comment

Wow, friggin disgusting. I hope you get your gun back asap and the **** gets his due

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                                Garguy, I am considering getting the new 457 and I read your thread last year. I don't remember where you shot the deer. Head shot, rib shot? I have a set up for a 15 yard shot and was thinking of a head shot. What's your thoughts?
                                I have not followed what gun you have but I killed the last 4 mature bucks I shot with my 457. . Three were shot right in the crease broad side at 60 to 80yd. They went 20 to 60yd with pass thrus.. The other I shot steep quartering away 92yds. Behind the ribs and bullet ended in his neck. He went about 100yds.

Comment

Working...
                                X