Brain Toot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brain Toot

Okay, I am putting this together for my 12 year old grandson to shoot Pigs with, and probably a deer. Since there was no interest in the Vortex scope I had for sale, thinking of putting it on this rifle, as displayed. But, your thoughts on leaving it in these rings/mount? I'm thinking I probably need to get some regular rings, but if this works.....

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

My initial thoughts are that it sits too high for him to get a good cheek weld to the stock. But I guess it depends on his size. Might be lower than it looks in the pic.

Comment

What Chew said...need to lower the scope.

Comment

Yeah that's what I'm starting to think

Comment

Definitely need to lower. Depending on his size, even lowering as much as possible still might be too high for a good cheek weld. I had to put stock packs for my grandsons when they were young.

Comment

I would get the lowest rings possible, especially for a kid. His head needs to be down on the stock for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Get some low rings. Cheek weld is going to be nonexistent with that AR mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                Get some low rings. Cheek weld is going to be nonexistent with that AR mount.
                Low rings will be on gun this evening.

Comment

Working...
                X