Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Don't sell your old rifles yet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been trying to find someone within an hour of Wharton that can thread the barrel on that exactly gun. Best quote I got was $250 and I’d honestly just let it sit in the safe for that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There is no way in HAIL that I would ever screw up a old model 700 like that.. I don't get this new fascination with suppressors on high powered rifles.. I've shot many with suppressors(friends guns) and they do not suppress anywhere near enough noise to justify screwing up a great old gun... Plus the are gawdy, heavy, hideous looking things..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        There is no way in HAIL that I would ever screw up a old model 700 like that.. I don't get this new fascination with suppressors on high powered rifles.. I've shot many with suppressors(friends guns) and they do not suppress anywhere near enough noise to justify screwing up a great old gun... Plus the are gawdy, heavy, hideous looking things..
        Much truth in this. I like subsonic suppressed stuff, but otherwise, not so much. And yes, they look like butt....

Comment

Originally posted by texasforever View Post
          Been trying to find someone within an hour of Wharton that can thread the barrel on that exactly gun. Best quote I got was $250 and I’d honestly just let it sit in the safe for that price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I have been quoted $250 also in Houston to thread a barrel.

Comment

it's not that heavy , per video , only moves cg a little over an inch and balances well , and as far as quiet .. i'll go as far as say it's quieter on my 22" barrel than my 10/22 without a can on it.

as a matter of fact i shot mine this weekend , the same gun in video (243) and it's very pleasant ... definitely hearing safe .. no ears ringing ..

had they allowed suppressors years ago i would not have hearing loss and tinnitus.

my neighbor comments about it all the time .. hey heard you shoot a pig last night ... heard like a 22 sound and a big smack ... he can actually hear the bullet hit the hogs ... best sound ever!

i only have 1 gun left not threaded yet .. 270win sig shr970..
            but i never shoot it ... it's obnoxiously loud .

i've never met a guy that got a can and regretted it.

if you were close to me i'd let you shoot mine.. i guarantee you would change your mind.

lastly , if you don't like the way it looks , a good gunsmith can make a contoured thread protector that makes it look like it's the barrel itself, so if you decide you want to shoot it loud , you can't even tell it's threaded.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              same reason i did my 243 ... i wouldn't shoot anything loud any more .. not to mention it's nice confirmation when you hear that bullet smack ... you instantly know when you make a solid shot
              Same. Did my .270 at the same time
              I couldn’t give a flip how it looks. It is a hunting rifle.

BP
              Last edited by Big pig; 12-06-2021, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I'm right there with you on that.

Comment

did the same thing to a few of mine

Comment

there is no way in hail that i would ever screw up a old model 700 like that.. I don't get this new fascination with suppressors on high powered rifles.. I've shot many with suppressors(friends guns) and they do not suppress anywhere near enough noise to justify screwing up a great old gun... Plus the are gawdy, heavy, hideous looking things..
                    [ATTACH]1073249[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                    X