No announcement yet.

Do you have that “one” gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If any are “special” it would have to be the Winchester Big Bore 94 that I bought in 1978. I haven’t shot it in years and I could sell it for four times what I gave for it, but I just can’t let it go. Another would be my Ruger Bisley in .45 Colt. I have several SA Rugers in different calibers but that one is my favorite.

Comment

Remington model 700 chambered in .280. It was my Uncles gun and I mowed yards and shoveled snow to but it off him. Love that gun. Killed lots of critters with it

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
        Is that some kind of sock you have protecting the stock?? Looks cool what’s it called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s just a cover with a zipper I put on it in the late 80’s. Way before dipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup, but it’s something that I’ve never used to kill anything, although I would like to take it out hunting one day. It’s my grandfather old Dallas PD service revolver. Not sure when it was in use with him but he worked from 56-86 so it’s old. It’s a Dan Wesson .357 snub nose. You better have your Crap together when you pull the trigger because it’s a beast.

Comment

My grandfather's 70 Series 1911 that was given to him when he retired from DPS after 41 years. It has his name engraved on it.

My Browning A-bolt stainless stalker original production in 270. My other grandfather helped me purchase the rifle back when I was poorer than I am now. I don't have the slightest idea how many west Texas mule deer, pigs, and axis that rifle has taken. I'll probably have it buried with me.

Comment

Sako Finbear Deluxe 243 with a weaver K4
              Pops called in "meat in the pot" cause when it spoke meat went in the pot.
              Killed everything it was ever put to the test on.

Comment

My great-granny's 722 in 257 roberts...stock cut down slightly & great-gramp inserted a small compass in the grip cap area. Has some neat vintage Stith mounts. My go to walking / rattling rig.

Not sure how many kids & others have taken their first deer with this rig.

Comment

I've got several of "those" types of guns. I know a lot of folks think guns are just tools and they're right but ones that were given to me or passed down from my Dad and grandpa mean a lot more to me than tools.

1904 Marlin .30-30 from my great grandpa

Rem Mohawk 600 .243 given to me by my Dad when I was 9. (46yrs old now)

Marlin 336 - 30.30 that my Mom bought my Dad for his 30th birthday (he passed away in 2017)

1959 Remington 870 Wingmaster in 16g. Grandpa bought it for my Dad for his 8th birthday. It is still my go to dove gun.

Comment

Never been a big rifle guy, always leaned more instinctive shooting with shotguns and bow. But that said I've got a beretta shotgun that I have put through hell and it folds ducks just as well as the 2k benellis jamming on the other end of the blind.

My dad does own a colt .44 that my great-great grandpa carried on his circuit in oklahoma territory. He was a circuit judge and a minister. Wore the sight off it in his saddle. That's a cool little piece of history imo.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                      A German Luger my grandfather took off a German officer after he killed him is probably my most sentimental gun. Lots of his other guns are sentimental as well, he was a Weatherby guy, so lots of Weatherby Mark V’s from the original production years are special too. And randomly, an original Marlin Goose Gun lol, the barrel is like 48” long and it’s a bolt action 12 gauge. Not practical, but cool
                      The bolt action Marlin goose gun I had came with a 36” barrel.

Comment

Mine is a Remington 700 bdl 270 that my dad bought in high school. That guns killed all kinds of critters and I can only imagine how many deer it’s killed… a generation or 2 is my guess lol

I have sold a bunch of guns, that one and the 870 wingmaster with a 30” barrel and full choke is the 2 I will never sell

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
                          It’s just a cover with a zipper I put on it in the late 80’s. Way before dipping.

I have the exact cover on my Winchester feather weight 270, it has been since 80’s
                          Think it was called Gun Chaps
                          Last edited by whitetailfanatic; 07-27-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

My favorite gun is an old bolt action Marlin 22 mag. Had it since I was a kid and it was old when I got it. It has to be 50 years old and still has the same scope it had when I got it 40 years ago. My sons now slay hogs with it. We've got plenty of bigger guns for that but we all just love this gun when we're sitting up pretty close to the feeder.

Comment

30-06 Rem 742 with Leupold 3-9-40. My dad killed his first deer with it as did I as did my daughter. Two young baby boys are next in line.

Comment

I’ve got Mossberg .243 my Pawpaw gave me when he passed, my boys killed there 1st deer with it. My 6yr old shot his at 160yrds & my 10yr old shot his at 167yrds. That gun want go no where.

Another one is my .17 Hornet, I made my longest kill shot with this rifle with my boys there to see. Shot a coyote at 310yrds. When my boys watched the coyote drop through their scopes they was yelling with excitement & thought I was the best shot in the world.

Comment

Working...
                                X