Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

What’s the Lightest kicking semi auto 20 gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the Lightest kicking semi auto 20 gauge?

I’m trying to find my dad a new (or used) semi auto 20 but thanks to a number of surgeries It has to have the lightest kick I can find. I’d like to keep it under $1000 if possible. I wanted to hear some different opinions and see what’s out there.

Remington 1100.

Comment

As far as the lightest kicking 20ga I can't help.. I know they sell 1&3/4" shorty 12ga shells. Not sure about 20ga. Get a good recoil pad like a kickeze or Sims. Have you thought about a 28ga.

Comment

A semi-auto that will handle the light loads will likely give you the least felt recoil especially if you combine it with a gun that has a little heft to it. I have a 20 ga. Benelli M2 synthetic with the energy absorbing stock that will cycle anything I’ve ever put in it and it has a very light recoil. The same gun with a wood stock and forearm would be even better.

Comment

Remington 1100 LT20 is one of the lightest recoiling shotguns I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Remington 1100 LT20 is one of the lightest recoiling shotguns I’ve ever owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Yep.

Comment

Remington 1100 LT20 has light recoil then add a mercury Recoil Suppressor to add weight and the recoil will be even less.

Comment

Ive got a 1100 LT20, Benelli super sport, a400 xcel all 20 and the 1100 easily has the least recoil and that’s without a recoil pad. My wife is really recoil sensitive and the 1100 is all she would shoot until recently she has since claimed the super sport.

Comment

Is 28 gauge an option?

Comment

I will suggest Benelli Montefeltro

Comment

I vote 1100 as well.

Comment

You can get an evo shield shirt too. Used it in Argentina and shot a lot and recoil was pretty much non existent. I was shooting a benelli m2 20 gauge

Comment

My A400 has very little recoil

Comment

Try to find a used a400. Far superior shotgun to a model 1100.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Try to find a used a400. Far superior shotgun to a model 1100.

I have both and somewhat agree but not less recoil than the 1100 and doubt you can find one under 1k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X