Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s the Lightest kicking semi auto 20 gauge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benelli Super Sport is the smoothest shooting auto I've ever shot.
    A 20 is almost no kick at all

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
      Benelli Super Sport is the smoothest shooting auto I've ever shot.
      A 20 is almost no kick at all

My wife wouldn’t shoot anything but my 1100 LT till I got a SS and A400 xcel. The 1100 still has a slight edge on recoil but the SS is so smooth she claimed it. Even over the a400 which I thought she might like Better. I wish I had just splurged and got a 2nd super sport instead of the beretta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
        Beretta A400 Xplor 20. Hardly any recoil. Great gun.
        This.

A400 with “kickoff” stock. My 20ga kicks less than my 28ga Benelli.

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
          Is 28 gauge an option?
          No he wouldn’t pay that for shells haha

Comment

Thanks y’all , that was exactly what I was looking for! Now to try and find one of the guns mentioned!

Comment

If you can find one, try to get an older 1100 original. It was built on the same receiver as the 12 and 16 ga. It is a bit heavier than the LT but that will help with the felt recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                My wife wouldn’t shoot anything but my 1100 LT till I got a SS and A400 xcel. The 1100 still has a slight edge on recoil but the SS is so smooth she claimed it. Even over the a400 which I thought she might like Better. I wish I had just splurged and got a 2nd super sport instead of the beretta.

They're really pretty special. My friend has both the 12 and 20 guage. they're basically the super black eagle with a bunch of upgrades. He told me to shoot the 12 he had and went on and on about how smooth and nice it was. I was like "yea, it' can't be that much better." BS! wasn't even close. and that's the difference between the 12 and 20. it's really unreal.

Comment

Remington 1100 20ga standard

Comment

Nephew has a Mossberg SA20 that impressed me a a soft shooter. I am not usually a Mossberg fan but would consider it if I was looking for a budget 20GA semi.

Comment

1100 or 11-87. I haven’t tried it but if you reload for him you can try some 3/4 oz loads. I really like my M2 but it’s lighter and recoil operated, Remington seems softer.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Like I posted in my initial post on this thread, your biggest factor in felt recoil will be the ammo you shoot, not so much the gun. That being said, the gas operated semi's that can handle the lightest loads will be the best you will be able to do... I'm not familiar enough with the A400 or A390's to know if they'll shoot the little target 20 ga. loads (the ones with the aluminum bases, but if they will, that's what you should go with. My Benelli M2 will function flawlessly with them, but a 1100 in my experience is spotty at best with them...
                        There are three 20ga berettas in my safe, 302A, 390 and a400 xplor. Thats three generations of beretta auto and they will cycle anything you can shove down the barrel.

Thats said, the OP is more than welcome to run any of the three down a sporting clays course to see if thats a direction he wants to go. Although finding a 302 or a 390 20 will be hard

The only other thing Id consider would be a monty or maybe an M2. I hear good things about the sa8 weatherby but Ive never shot one of those. I have experience with the rest

Comment

What’s the Lightest kicking semi auto 20 gauge?

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          There are three 20ga berettas in my safe, 302A, 390 and a400 xplor. Thats three generations of beretta auto and they will cycle anything you can shove down the barrel.

Thats said, the OP is more than welcome to run any of the three down a sporting clays course to see if thats a direction he wants to go. Although finding a 302 or a 390 20 will be hard

The only other thing Id consider would be a monty or maybe an M2. I hear good things about the sa8 weatherby but Ive never shot one of those. I have experience with the rest

If you ever want to sell that A302 look me up.

Was the first gun I purchased with my own money.
                          In my early 20s my priorities were a little f’d up and I sold it.

OP my 13 year old small framed daughter shoots a LT1100 20 gauge and it doesn’t seem to bother her.
                          She will burn through shells if I’ll let her

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
                            If you ever want to sell that A302 look me up.

Was the first gun I purchased with my own money.
                            In my early 20s my priorities were a little f’d up and I sold it.

OP my 13 year old small framed daughter shoots a LT1100 20 gauge and it doesn’t seem to bother her.
                            She will burn through shells if I’ll let her

It's the first real shotgun I ever had. Dad bought it when I was maybe 12. Never sell it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

i have a beretta 391 ... it's a piston gun ... i think you'd be hard pressed to find a system that kicks less ... i guess from there the weight of the gun is the factor ... some people put lead shot in the stock... id assume an 1100 be about the same , benelli a bit worse..

i try not to shoot 12 any more .. 20 is mild in my citory and 870 as well ... 410 are awesome but expensive to shoot and you got to be spot on to hit anything ... then all the in between calibers that are less popular ..

Comment

Not sure why people are recommending inertia driven guns for least recoil. A400 would probably be top choice. I have an SX4 in 20 and an M2 in 20 and the SX4 has noticeably less recoil. Gas will probably also cycle those lighter loads a little better but I haven’t had any issues out of my M2.

Comment

Working...
                                X