Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is another option in semi. I got one for my daughter

Comment

The SA-08 youth is what mine shooting, only draw back is it won’t eject low velocity shells.

Comment

Originally posted by krtnorris View Post
        I picked up a new weatherby 20 gauge and love it! Academy has them in Katy.
        What model ?

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
          The SA-08 youth is what mine shooting, only draw back is it won’t eject low velocity shells.
          Did you switch out the collars?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
            What model ?
            Element

Comment

Element
              Full size or youth/compact? I looked on their website, but I didn't see a youth/compact model listed. Maybe I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                Full size or youth/compact? I looked on their website, but I didn't see a youth/compact model listed. Maybe I missed it.
                Probably full size...my bad. But those 20 gauges are practically a youth model compared to a 12.

Comment

My buddy is a lefty and shoots a right handed semi automatic shotgun. He's never complained about the empties kicking out in front of his face. Don't think he even notices it.

Comment

Did you switch out the collars?
                    No, bought it used so didn’t even know they had another. I’ll have to look into that. Thanks

Comment

I’d go BPS in 28 gauge personally. It’s an heirloom grade gun that’s not crazy expensive, helps them learn to work a pump (which is going the way of a standard transmission IMO), and bottom eject so fine for left and right handed.

I’d buy the wood stocked version and then get an extra synthetic stock and forend if you need to cut it down or use it in bad waterfowling conditions.

28 gauge will do everything a 20 gauge will do besides shoot cheap duck loads. There are some steel 28 gauge loads for ducks landing in decoys, and TSS will whack them at any reasonable range.

Comment

My grandkids, if I ever have one, will have over / unders.
                        I shot an auto as a kid and hated loading and unloading.
                        O/U seems safer and will teach two shells are enough. Light 20 or 28
                        Just my opinion after using many models of shotguns over the years.
                        I shoot lefty and have settled on a Ruger Red Label for past 35. It is heavier

FWIW I learned with a cut down side by side 410.
                        I credit that to making me a decent shot on game and hand thrown clays.

Comment

I ended up with a Tristar Raptor. Looks to be a nicely finish gun. Good fit and finish and no tool marks anywhere that I could find.. Next stop is the gun shop to get the butt stock shortened 2 inches.

Comment

Working...
                          X