No announcement yet.

7mm Rem. Mag Accubonds vs. Ballistic Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nosler, the world's finest bullets, ammunition, rifles, & brass. We manufacture Partition, AccuBond, E-Tip, Ballistic Tip, Custom Competition and much more.

Comment

I should have said, IMO BTs are not the best hunting bullets. I like bullets that retain more weight and don't fragment. I shoot magnum calibers at 3,200 fps+, so a bullet that isn't built like a tank fragments at those velocities. I'm sure a lot of people do just fine with BTs in standard calibers. But the OP was talking about a 7mag.

I will occasionally load a few BTs that are the same size/weight as my ABs just so I'll have something a little cheaper to practice with or to sight in a scope with. They fly the same. They just don't behave the same once they hit a deer - especially at higher velocities.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Wait? What? That is factually incorrect. They are great hunting bullets. I’ve killed several hundred deer with the Nosler 7mm 120 grain ballistic tips. In both 7 mag and 7mm08. I like it because it has a thicker jacket than the 140 grain. I use it because it’s the best bullet ever made for deer hunting.
        100% agree it is the best deer bullet ever made. Does not destroy that much meat and breaks bones and blows a big enuff hole so all the blood runs out quick. And lastly they are way mo accurate than Hornady bullets out of my guns.

Comment

Working...
        X