No announcement yet.

What to buy? 6.5 CRM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 6.5CM the bergara HMR is very good entry level long range rifle. I started with it and even shot some competitions with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

David G.,

If your looking to extend out past your 30-30 range, then I would recommend the 6.5PRC or the 270, 270WSM, I've had them and they are all calibers that I can aim dead on to the 300yrd mark. It depends on your maximum point blank range (Max range your comfortable shooting). Good luck man, a good tough question to answer though as others have also posted their opinions.

Comment

If it starts with a 6 and ends with a CM, keep looking! LOL

What does the OP intend to hunt with it? If all he is going to hunt is deer and hogs down in Texas then I would recommend the old boring 243 Win. It all depends on what you are going to do with it, if you reload etc.

If your intention is to also hunt elk size game as well, it would be hard to beat the 280 AI or 264 Win Mag.

Comment

When I was a young man the 243 was a hot cartridge, kind of like what the 6.5 is today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
            Not really sure what i need , as I 've always hunted with my trusty 30/30 but as of late have got the itch to try something with a little more long range..
            can I ask for suggestion?

Thanks

David G

So you have been killing x with 3030, now you want to kill x a bit further. If that is correct, a 6.5 cm will be just fine

Comment

I loved my 280 rem, but as boys got older I picked up an A bolt Boss in 270wsm and can’t go wrong set 2” high at 100 and it will kill to 300.. no adjusting.. I haven’t picked up my 280 In years.. all our feeders are 140 yards, but I hunt the river crossing and not really the feeder so I can get a long shot..we now have 3- 270wsm look at ballistics they pretty good. Buy 6 boxes of ammo at a time and we set for a few years.

Comment

Working...
              X