No announcement yet.

Remington 700 bolt handle breaking ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington wont do the repair or am I missing something?

Comment

mail to Long Rifles Inc. Check out his facebook page. He just posted a video last week of why/how this can happen and how he fixes them.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        The first one I ever saw was on Trophy8’s little brothers freshly built 308. It happened in load development on a brand new receiver. Not exactly uncommon these days, and most of them are newer receivers. I’m sure Robert has fixed a few.
        Heck it was on a test fire. Jonathan popped off a FACTORY FGMM round. What are the odds on an factory over pressured round in a dang 308?!

Comment

Originally posted by GREATWHITE416 View Post
          Remington wont do the repair or am I missing something?
          Remington sucks. They didn’t do it correctly from the factory. They’ll just redo the same crappy way again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Remington sucks. They didn’t do it correctly from the factory. They’ll just redo the same crappy way again lol.
            X like 100000... I trued a couple in the last month that, with the slop in the factory tenon threads, would probably have the barrel smashed up against the side of the barrel channel. They must have machinists that are out on a work release program or something.

Comment

Update.

Took it to a gunsmith backhome. Put 2 countersunk screws in. Finish is a little messed up, and have thought about getting it Cerakoated. Will probably leave it be.

Also had some PTG bottom metal added.

Have about 60 rounds through it so far on my end.
              20 rounds of Winchester 150gr Power Point
              40 rounds of FGMM

Shoots FGMM pretty good to.
              168’s 3/8”-3/4”
              175’s 1/2”-3/4”
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X