Great idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea!

Anyone else seen this new non-lethal weapon?

Anyone own one? I'm thinking about buying one for my wife to carry.

One of the best defense products available is the Byrna SD, a legal, non-lethal self-defense weapon that fires pepper filled rounds up to 60 feet using CO2. Save lives without the risk of taking one. Empower yourself today!

Can’t wait for the videos of “paintball” wars with that thing.

Comment

If you're going to carry, you might as well carry the real thing. JMO

Also, I'd be curious to know what the shelf life of those rounds are...paintballs don't last forever and aren't supposed to be kept in high heat or humidity. If I have to resort to using force with a weapon I don't know that I could trust that particular platform.
      Last edited by JonBoy; 04-13-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        If you're going to carry, you might as well carry the real thing. JMO

Also, I'd be curious to know what the shelf life of those rounds are...paintballs don't last forever and aren't supposed to be kept in high heat or humidity. If I have to resort to using force with a weapon I don't know that I could trust that particular platform.
        This plus I would worry the C02 wouldn't hold pressure over time.

Comment

I have something similar. They have been around for at least a few years now. I use it when working with beginning pistol students.

Mine is accurate out to about 7 yards (accurate meaning around a 6" group). Beyond that it can be way off.

This is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NQXPQ2H

Comment

Why would I want a non-lethal weapon when dealing with such a lethal world. Who wants to be the guy that brings a paintball gun to a Glock fight?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the cost....$$$$

Comment

Not saying it isn't a possibility, but how do you know 100% when to use it rather than a lethal alternative? I think you always need the option of the lethal weapon. Even if you "blind" someone they can still shoot a gun, and it might be more dangerous to civilians if they can't see well.
                Only perfect solution is for suspects to comply.

Comment

Originally posted by brust View Post
                  what's the cost....$$$$
                  $350.00...............

Comment

Discussion forum for all things firearms. ARs, handguns, rifles and hunting with firearms

Great video, but seems like an awful place to work lol

Comment

That would be like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

Don't bring a toy to a gun fight.

Comment

That’s a hard no for me. Paintballs barely leave a bruise. Waste of money imop.

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                            What's the cost....$$$$

ummmm---- That might be, your life...............

Comment

I don't want my wife trying to decide between lethal and non lethal. If she makes the decision to use her pistol that's on the other guy for making a bad decision.

I'm pretty sure there is something in the news about a young lady using the wrong one.
                              Not to mention you get into the issue of why didn't you use non lethal when you had the option. These are split second decisions, I just want her to live through it.

Comment

Working...
                              X