Why you don’t own an AR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
    So how would a 60ish grain round perform in the standard “1:7” twist barrel? And in all honesty I don’t see myself ever having to shoot 200 yards.
    It would work just fine.

Comment

Ok. Novice here as far as ballistics. Preciate it. Thanks for all the knowledge fellas.

Comment

Looks like Savage also makes the AR15 in 6.8 Rem SPC but can't tell if it's gen II chamber or not. Might have to just get the whole gun and throw the 5.56 in the trash

Comment

kinda funny , that on a bow hunting website, people talk trash about 556 ,300blk or whatever caliber not having enough power to kill anything unless perfect shot placement ... and then ........ you have bows and arrows ... yall crack me up sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
            kinda funny , that on a bow hunting website, people talk trash about 556 ,300blk or whatever caliber not having enough power to kill anything unless perfect shot placement ... and then ........ you have bows and arrows ... yall crack me up sometimes.
            It's called Irony---------I think?

Wish I had a dollar for every arra I shot that didn't make a hog or deer bleed

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
              Now that’s a pretty good point for sure! But it’s been a great discussion so far. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t go south.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack12 View Post
                Have you shot trident for your 300 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                No, it looks awesome though! All I’ve been able to find since building the gun was reloaded 220gn subsonic. I have t looked that hard though.

Comment

I kill the heck out of hogs with my 556.
                  1in8 twist and 73 grain bullets.
                  I think I'm up to 30, now.
                  One shot kills on about 95% ish.
                  Biggest one was probably 250#. Several 200#ers.

Comment

Biggest one. Ran about 50 yards, but good blood. One shot.
                    Shoe for size reference.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200527_191142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	24649313

Comment

I would think that a 556 would take down a hill country deer with ease looking at the size of that hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        After toting an M 16 around for 3 years I hope to never own another plastic gun.

That goes for rifle, pistol, or shotgun.
                        Toted one for two years. I am like you. Qualified m14 m16 m79 shotgun and 45. All expert . Wore the m16 too long.
                        You didnt fully unload a full round clip. 3 or 4 burst unless you needed to lay down the incoming.
                        I am like you. I prefer wood. One best place shot.
                        And I fully support all those who own one and support the constitutional right to do so.

Comment

Working...
                        X